Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Putty quits on me after I type 3 letters! I can't execute any commands. Help please!

Exclamation Putty quits on me after I type 3 letters! I can't execute any commands. Help please!
    I'm trying to access my phone using Putty, but after I type lau it just automatically shuts off. When I logged into Putty in the past it just had the "#" prompt. Now it has a "-sh-3.2#" prompt. This is my friend's iPhone that he worked on for a little bit. What can I do so that I can actually type commands?!??!?!?!?

It started out as a 1.1.1 phone that I downgraded to 1.0.2. Then I bypassed the activation and installed Installer. Now i'm stuck in Putty. I've already copied over all of the files and jailbroken the phone. The last login shows the ip address from my friend's comp, but I don't have access to. I'm using Windows Vista.

Thanks in advance!!!

Same thing happens with me and putty use to run fine on my Iphone..so I guess its something that we installed that causes this error.I have original 1.0.2 and running WinXP.

Okay Finally got it working after much trial and error..I also noticed it made mobile terminal mess up also..To fix it I just went and installed Mobile Terminal VT100 using Ibrickr....Now putty and all works fine..I hopes this helps
    Last edited by scuba; 10-20-2007 at 12:53 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just reinstall the BSD Subsystem.