Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
10-19-2007, 11:09 AM #11.1.1 Jailbroken and Activated. What baseband?
I have been looking for the right answer trying to unlock my iPhone and could not find it using the search button.
Here are the details:
1. From 1.0.2 Virginized (With virgin baseband) to 1.1.1 with v4 baseband. (iNdependence 1.2.3)
2. Jailbreak/Activation is OK with 3rd party applications running well. 8 GBs available! :-)
My questions on the 1.1.1 software:
1. Should I downgrade to ver 3 of baseband to use AnySim or iUnlock?
2. Should I keep my upgraded v4 baseband? If this is the case.... should I use AnySim or iUnlock?
3. Should I have my AT&T Sim inserted while unlocking or that does not matter?
I guess that my confusion relies on not knowing what baseband and program to use with the upgraded (1.1.1) firmware. I got my phone to the point where the only thing that was not working was the unlocking portion.... including YouTube!
Thanks in advance!
10-19-2007, 11:53 AM #2
10-19-2007, 01:54 PM #3
Thanks for your prompt reply!
I am still not sure if I need to downgrade the baseband to ver 3 or should I leave it as ver 4. That is the part that is confusing me!
Can you elaborate on that?
10-19-2007, 02:48 PM #4
Leave it at version 4 of the baseband. There's no longer any need for someone to downgrade the baseband to unlock.
10-19-2007, 05:52 PM #5
Joedr where did you get the stuff needed to do 1.1.1
10-19-2007, 10:23 PM #6
From the tutorials in the Unlocking and Downgrading sub-forums.
I am using.... iNdependence 1.2.4, iBrikcr, AnySim and the baseband stuff.
Somehow, I started to upgrade to 1.1.1 and got it where it was jailbroken and activated.... all of the sudden... the iPhone came back jailed again.
I am starting one more time! Lets see if I can get it to work!
iNdependence is causing me some problems while establishing the SSH!
We will see how it goes!
10-20-2007, 08:23 AM #7
how do you get any sim to work on 1.1.1 mine deosnt slide on the slider?