+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking and activating question on FW 1.1.1

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have spent a few hrs reading most of the post on the new FW on the iphone. I got a few questions to add to the many I've seen
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Question Unlocking and activating question on FW 1.1.1
    I have spent a few hrs reading most of the post on the new FW on the iphone. I got a few questions to add to the many I've seen on some of the post that never got answered. If these get answered maybe we can keep it as an faq or a sticky. Thanks guys/gals.

1. If i virginized my 1.0.2 baseband then upgraded to 1.1.1, why do I have to downgrade the baseband back to 3.14.08. Why can't I just unlock the new 1.1.1 baseband within anysim like a new out of the box 1.1.1?

A. When patched with anysim or iunlock it corrupts the nvram, thus the baseband needed to be downgraded before unlocking again.

2. Reading the guide to upgrade to 1.1.1 from an unlocked 1.02, the steps are upgrade to 1.1.1 then restore to 1.0.2 then virginize phone then upgrade to 1.1.1 then downgrade the baseband back to 1.0.2. Can I just virginize my baseband on my unlocked 1.0.2 then upgrade to 1.1.1 then downgrade the baseband to 1.0.2 skipping the whole restore process to 1.0.2?

3. In 1.0.2 there is a lockdown file to swap out sim card on the go, does 1.1.1 have this option?

4. Is there another youtube activation method or does the old one still work with the new FW?
    Last edited by Crazyfreak; 10-18-2007 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Found some answer reading more posts.