Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Anysim 1.0.2 to IPSF 1.1.1
10-17-2007, 04:40 PM #1Anysim 1.0.2 to IPSF 1.1.1
I have an AnySim unlocked iphone on 1.0.2 that's never been upgraded to 1.1.1.
I want to go to 1.1.1 with IPSF. I have SimFree here & it says it's already unlocked.
Is there a tutorial on how to do this? Do I need to relock the phone? Do I go to 1.1.1 & then "unbrick" it?
If there isn't a tutorial on this, please let me know how to do this & I will do a nice how to for the site.
10-18-2007, 12:50 AM #2
10-18-2007, 01:00 AM #3
I am 1.0.2 with iUnlock, and would like to go 1.1.1 with IPSF. Is it just a matter of upgrading with iTunes, downgrading back to 1.0.2 and then running IPSF?
10-18-2007, 08:58 AM #4
10-18-2007, 10:39 AM #5
Well, here is what I had:
- an iPhone 1.0.2 unlocked with anySIM
- a lovely MacBook Pro with MacOS X
Here is what I did:
1. ordered an IPSP license. It was in their database about 10 minutes after I placed the order
2. was brave enough to upgrade the Firmware to 1.1.1 with iTunes
3. used iNdependence 1.2.3 to downgrade to 1.0.2 again
4. activated and jaibreaked with iNdependence 1.2.3
5. installed SSH and such with iNdependence 1.2.3
6. copied SimFree to /Applications using iPhoneDisk to the iPhone
7. launched SimFree on the iPhone and unlocked it to be used with 1.0.2
8. followed the instructions in iNdependence 1.2.3 for Pre 1.1.1 Upgrade
9. upgraded again to 1.1.1 with iPhone
10. activated and jaibreaked with iNdependence 1.2.3
11. installed SSH and such with iNdependence 1.2.3
I had to repeat some of these steps several times until it finally worked.
Now I have a activated/unlocked 1.1.1 iPhone