+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The iPhone must be used with an approved SIM

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
After following the steps, running unlock.app successfully, turning off the phone and popping in my Rogers SIM (Canada), and turning on the phone, I get the following pop-up: Incorrect SIM
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation The iPhone must be used with an approved SIM
    After following the steps, running unlock.app successfully, turning off the phone and popping in my Rogers SIM (Canada), and turning on the phone, I get the following pop-up:

Incorrect SIM
    The iPhone must be used with an approved SIM.
    I've tried popping the SIM in and out and even tried running unlock.app again (successfully), but nothing seems to work.

Ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lseeley View Post
    After following the steps, running unlock.app successfully, turning off the phone and popping in my Rogers SIM (Canada), and turning on the phone, I get the following pop-up:

I've tried popping the SIM in and out and even tried running unlock.app again (successfully), but nothing seems to work.

Ideas?
    Using independence, you need to deactivate your phone, put your Rogers SIM in, and reactivate.

PS: If you install the patched Lockdown file from the downloads section, you won't have to do this anymore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, I'll try this out when I get home from work. Will reactivating it cause me to have to unlock it again? I noticed that when I ran Unlock.app, I didn't get an Edge option in my Network preferences screen.

Do you mean this Lockdown file (http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=708) is not patched?

I tried deactivating with iNdependance, but after it said it successfully did so, the iPhone's status was still "Activated" and I could just unlock the screen and go to the home screen like I could before "deactivating it"
    Last edited by lseeley; 10-17-2007 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lseeley View Post

Ideas?
    I had a similar problem after downgrading to 1.0.2 and jailbreaking my newly purchased iPhone. I already have ATT service so I popped in my SIM card at I got the "incorrect SIM" message. I thought it was the 1.1.1 unlock issue but it turns out I had a really old SIM card. My friend had a newer Cingular 3G SIM card, i popped it in and my phone worked on the ATT network. So I went to an ATT store, bought a new 3G SIM card, fought with the ATT customer service about activating the new SIM without the need for me to sign a contract, which they eventually did, and now my voice service works without the need of a new contract. Check if you have an old SIM card (i.e more that 2yrs old). If you know someone who has a newer Rogers SIM card then see if it works on your iphone. If is does then goto Rogers, give them a story about how you lost your phone and they should give you a new SIM card without much hassle.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had exact the same plrblem, downgrade, upgrade, bband erase, using diferent options etc,etc. Im about to quit on this iphone but I give a shot to the new anysim 1.1.0 and it fix the error. Why don't you give a try??
    Good Luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeta22 For This Useful Post:

taco2 (10-30-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta22 View Post
    I had exact the same plrblem, downgrade, upgrade, bband erase, using diferent options etc,etc. Im about to quit on this iphone but I give a shot to the new anysim 1.1.0 and it fix the error. Why don't you give a try??
    Good Luck
    Thanks, that worked. The key for me here is that nobody explains what the baseband is. Most tutorials whiz past that. I had to rename the 401secpack to secpack, then run bbupdater, then ieraser. Do not proceed past the .FLS part if it cannot verify the .FLS.

The tutorials here starting with http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...nd_OS_X_iPhone have been the most thorough. Thanks, guys.