+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: anySIM 1.1 - Must have new SIM in iPhone while anySIM runs?

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I noticed the warning on the opening screen that the new SIM must be in while unlocking. Is this really necessary? I don't have the new SIM yet because I
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Question anySIM 1.1 - Must have new SIM in iPhone while anySIM runs?
    I noticed the warning on the opening screen that the new SIM must be in while unlocking. Is this really necessary? I don't have the new SIM yet because I am mailing this soon-to-be unlocked phone to someone else.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

? the original sim came with the phone -> new sim?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bookmark View Post
    ? the original sim came with the phone -> new sim?
    No, the new SIM from a different carrier that will be used when it's unlocked. Thanks for the response. What do you think?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Install anysim, don't run it, mail it. Tell that person to insert new sim and run anysim

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

don't know yet brother, i have a fresh sealed box now but going to unlock it tomorrow, feeling a little messed up today..

Green Apple
    Thanks

I unlocked my iphone with the previous version of Anysim and, as you are unlocking your phone to be used with all carriers, is not neccesary to have a different sim card that the one that comes with the iphone. Because after the process the phone will be completely unlocked. In case that you are trying to perform only a jailbreak of your phone you will need to use the sim card of the carrier you are trying to use on the phone. Hope it helps you

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Estelin View Post
    I unlocked my iphone with the previous version of Anysim and, as you are unlocking your phone to be used with all carriers, is not neccesary to have a different sim card that the one that comes with the iphone. Because after the process the phone will be completely unlocked. In case that you are trying to perform only a jailbreak of your phone you will need to use the sim card of the carrier you are trying to use on the phone. Hope it helps you
    You make a good point that since it's completely unlocked, it shouldn't need to have any specific SIM in there while it is unlocking. I'm just really curious why the dev team would put that in the warning screen if it wasn't important...