+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 via iphonesimfree 1.6

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi All This isn't a complex question, but I'm not sure which route to take: I'm using an iPhone, fw 1.0.2, running on Vodafone UK courtesy of iphonesimfree v1.5. Now
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 via iphonesimfree 1.6
    Hi All

This isn't a complex question, but I'm not sure which route to take:

I'm using an iPhone, fw 1.0.2, running on Vodafone UK courtesy of iphonesimfree v1.5.

Now Independence 1.2.2 and iphonesimfree 1.6 are available I'm seriously contemplating updating to fw 1.1.1. But I'm unsure of the order to do things in.

Should I just update the phone via iTunes? Will it then brick? Would I then just go from scratch via Independence to re-install iphonesimfree 1.6 and get it working on Vodafone UK again?

Or should I do things differently, or in a different order?

There's a lot of posts about the free unlocks (God bless those guys) but I can't find much on the route for iphonesimfree, which does seem to have some differences.

Thanks in advance for help from anyone who's done this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I went trough process of erasing the baseband 1.0.2 unlocking with SimFree 1.6 and upgrading to 1.1.1. Latest SimFree claim that it will work with another provider. Well when I inserted T-Mobile SIM the message pops up '' another SIM detected"( no incorrect SIM thanks God) But when I open iTunes it says that it has to be used with ATT sim and no activation proceed.But it works with ATT. So I'm not sure how it will work for you. But worh to try. SimFree at least doesn't make your phone iBrick.