+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone unknown error (6)

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
after getting frequent freezes, crashes, etc. i decided to restore my iphone to 1.0.2. i held down the home and sleep button until the "please connect to itunes" message popped
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone unknown error (6)
    after getting frequent freezes, crashes, etc. i decided to restore my iphone to 1.0.2.

i held down the home and sleep button until the "please connect to itunes" message popped up. when i tried to restore to 1.0.2 following http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_1 i get an unknown error mesage (6), stating that the iphone cant be restored.

i read that other people with this error message brought it in and got it replaced.

i have 2 questions.

if i bring in my iphone to the store, will they be able to check to see if i had 3rd party apps installed, or have i effectively wiped the hard drive of the iphone clean, leaving no evidence of 3rd party apps.

second question is since i cant update to 1.0.2, should i try to update to 1.1.1, then downgrade to 1.0.2? or will upgrading to 1.1.1 brick my iphone.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well, what im worried about is if there is any residual information left on my iphone from before i held the home + sleep button for 25 seconds.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes.

holding the buttons down wont erase a thing. It just puts it in restore mode.
    Last edited by JedixJarf; 10-15-2007 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JedixJarf For This Useful Post:

bloo (10-15-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so you recommend trying to upgrade to 1.1.1 and then downgrading to 1.0.2?

but will upgrading brick my iphone since you just said that there IS residual information like 3rd party apps on my iphone?