Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
10-15-2007, 12:02 PM #1Will this method work? Using Independance 1.2.2 ?
Saw the new Independance ( v1.2.2 ) today and it got me thinking...
How about this method..
1. Virginize my Anysim unlocked 1.02 phone
2. Use Independance 1.2.2 to activate/jailbreak it.
3. Use Independance to prep for 1.1.1 updgrade
4. Upgrade ( as detailed in Independance help menu ) - afterwards doing the post 1.1.1 steps using independance
5. Jailbreak/activate new 1.1.1 phone using independance
6. Install usual stuff - ssh , installer etc
7. downgrade the baseband to 3.14 ( using bbupdater etc ) ( remembering to run this from mobileterminal on the phone itself as wifi dies during this flash of the baseband ! )
8. Use anysim again to unlock
Slightly hesitant to try it after spending 3hrs last night resurrecting the phone back onto 1.02 with baseband 3.14 after the bbupdater failed ( iTunes luckily re-flashed the 3.14 baseband for me when I restored in iTunes ).
Last edited by scowler; 10-15-2007 at 12:06 PM.