+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iNdependence that supports 1.1.1 out now!

is a discussion within the

Unlocking / Activation

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Let you guys know there is the new iNdependence that supports activation/jailbreak of firmware 1.1.1 enjoy. http://code.google.com/p/independence/
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iNdependence that supports 1.1.1 out now!
    Let you guys know there is the new iNdependence that supports activation/jailbreak of firmware 1.1.1 enjoy.

http://code.google.com/p/independence/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Excuse me for such rookie questions.

Will this app take care of all my needs with 1.1.1?

Is there a guide that truly explains all the terminology of this app?

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This app does everything except unlock your phone. It will insgtall the relevant settings to make your phone read and write so that you can install 3rd party apps. Just be aware that currently there is no way of unlocking 1.1.1 for free. You would have to use Iphone sim free which is about $60 . There is a free solution coming and will be here soon, just install software 1.02 instead then change it later when the upgrade is available.

Activation is what you are required to do when you turn your iphone on for the first time (registration with AT&T) .

Jailbreak is changing the iphone from read only to read and write. allowing 3rd party apps to be installed.

SSH allows you to be able to dial into your Iphone wirelessly by using wifi and entering your phones IP address into a program such as Cyberduck . i think
    Last edited by perrin21; 10-15-2007 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost