Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tlert crashes my iPhone 4

Default tlert crashes my iPhone 4
    when i go to respond to a text in tlert my phone freezes up it happenes on almost every other text and because i'm running 4.2.1 i have to reboot tethered each time. this is my second iphone so i dont think its the headset. is anyone else having this problem or resolved this problem?

I'm having the same problem. Whenever my phone tries to autocorrect a word with some form of punctuation ("im" to "I'm) it freezes up and resprings. This also happens if it tries to autocorrect and some form of punctuation directly follows the word ("Hi katie" to "Hi Katie,").

My first thought was to go to the "FAQ/Support" thing in the app and see if there was an easy fix; there wasn't. Down at the bottom of the page, however, is the option to turn on "System Logs" (or something similar to that) which monitors the app and sees where something is messing up. When I turn that feature on, recreate the problem, and try to send the log to their customer support an error message pops up telling me that "system logs" needs to be turned on first (I'm assuming my phone crashing kills that process).

I've emailed Intelliborn customer support twice but I haven't gotten a response.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iFrosty's Avatar
    Thanks

Im in a position like yours. However its not the autocorrect that freezes my phone, its when i go to view a mms message when im on the lockscreen
    i have emailed them as well with no luck either

Hello im from Germany, soryy for the english^^

my only result is, to put off Autocorrect in settings..
    got the same problem like but now i hope it works

I have the lock up when I hit the arrow to view an MMS.

I tweeted them and emailed them, no response. Total **** support.

Still haven't heard back. Terrible support. Doubt I will ever buy another app from them or recommend one of their apps to a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by iFrosty View Post
    Im in a position like yours. However its not the autocorrect that freezes my phone, its when i go to view a mms message when im on the lockscreen
    i have emailed them as well with no luck either
    I was having that same problem and also my text tone wouldn't play the full tone all the time. I ended up uninstalling tlert and haven't had a problem with the text tone since I unistalled. It sucks because I paid for that tlert package to!!!
    anybody here anything about a fix?? or something?

yeah mine was really bad, i had to restore my device i couldnt even uninstall it because everytime it would respring it would just crash. **** you tlert, love you bitesms

Default tlert is crap!
    My phone crashes EVERY time I get a text. So I removed tlert and I'm still having problems using the official texting app. I contacted tlert in the hopes of avoiding a full restore and their response was that I would have to contact @saurik for a refund and not to expect that for several months. BS!!!
    SOLUTION:
    1. I will never purchase another intelliborn app.
    2. I will still use intelliborn apps.
    3. I will just not pay for one.

I have a few crashes report.

1:Whenever i type in the Tlert window and autocorrection happens, my phone crashes.

2:Whenever i receive 2 SMS shown in the Tlert window, my phone crashes.
    And when it reboot, i will have to close(red dot) the Tlert windows quickly or it will freeze again.

So for now, biteSMS. (I really like the Tlert interface though)

Thanks

Ok so my 3gs would always freeze just like everyone elses here. I bought the new iPhone 4 and tlert worked until i restored the backup from my 3gs. It's something in a correct plist or something, I have no idea.

Default Tlert freezes
    Each time I answer a text and have to backspace to correct after a certain amount of back space (more then 2) it freezes and since it freezes I have to reboot and loose the log . It also do the same when I get another text when in reply mode .

i4 - 4.2.1, broken with greenpois0n

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackwidowman View Post
    Each time I answer a text and have to backspace to correct after a certain amount of back space (more then 2) it freezes and since it freezes I have to reboot and loose the log . It also do the same when I get another text when in reply mode .
    i4 - 4.2.1, broken with greenpois0n

Dont expect any support from intelliborn, unless its the new printing app. I swear they dont care about tlert as it shows that no one is receiving support about the crashes. You can look throughout these forums and you will see that nothing is being done

Default Reply
    I did get an email from Intelliborn, Jackie Cross, dated 7 March 2011, basicaly stating they are having problems with ios 4.2.1 and are working on it. I'm glad they did respond.

TLERT IS BULLSH*T and to think i was gonna give up irealsms for this, TLERT FREEZES EVERY TIME IT SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackwidowman View Post
    I did get an email from Intelliborn, Jackie Cross, dated 7 March 2011, basicaly stating they are having problems with ios 4.2.1 and are working on it. I'm glad they did respond.
    i got the same thing

but the thing is it is NOT just 4.2.1. Half of these problems have/did occur on older firmware versions (like 4.1).

So in all honesty its not 4.2.1, its something else or its something they dont care about until another major firmware update.

Its tough to give this company the benefit of the doubt that they are doing something when nothing has been done.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What a shame. I really liked Tlert. My guess is, they have abandoned OS 4.2.1. Hello Quick Reply

I'm having "Tlert" blues as well, my keyboard characters do not register when replying from lockscreen. The keyboard opens, it makes sounds but no characters show up. Oddly enough, emoji characters work! I do really like Tlert, I don't need all the extra stuff in the other SMS apps but I will hold out to see how or if the rectify any problems.

Forget about Tlert, I switched to BiteSMS. It works good even with many more options, seems to be less bugs! I'm not turning Tlert back on, until I see another update via Cydia.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Ok - sorry about the delay in updates - we redesigned the entire backend so we won't have any conflicts with other apps/SpringBoard/iOS updates etc (hopefully u can see the huge benefit here . Also, we added a new feature to "shelf" msgs onto the statusbar to get back to them later. All rotations now work beautifully, etc etc Give it a try!

(add Cydia repo intelliborn.com/beta4)
    Last edited by skeels; 04-08-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast