Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Lockscreen issuesis a discussion within the
Tlertforums, a part of the
Rock Your Phone Discussionsection;
Randomly I dont get popup's on my lockscreen. I will hear the noise and not see anything on my screen. Sometimes turning the screen off and on will make it...
09-01-2009, 11:40 AM #1Lockscreen issues
Randomly I dont get popup's on my lockscreen.
I will hear the noise and not see anything on my screen.
Sometimes turning the screen off and on will make it appear but usually I have to unlock the phone to see the popup.
I have all the settings turned On for the lockscreen and sometimes it works but more often then not it doesnt.
It has become extremely annoying and lately Ive been forced to switch to Irealquicksms
Ill notice a lot- that the Popup becomes 'dead' meaning I can't push the red dot (close button) or even move the message around on the screen.
Basically it freezes.
If I unlock it then it will be fine or if I toggle the screen off and on it will become responsive.
I believe this is a long time issue that has never been properly fixed.
Another Major issue is when responding to a text..
I'm still typing on the FIRST line , YET I cannot see it cause it moved up for No reason.
09-09-2009, 09:26 AM #2
1) I get that random notification as well, but for me it has ALWAYS been when I had the native SMS app open (IE I'll open SMS and text John, and then lock the screen. So when John replies, Tlert won't function (since it doesn't while the sms app is open) there is no popup on the lock screen).
How to fix? Don't keep the SMS app open
2) About the pop-up becoming 'dead'. I usually get this issue when I'm running a memory-intensive app; such as a game. Also, I seem to be getting it when I was previously texting in landscape, then lock my screen, and switch to portrait mode. A simple push of the sleep button is sufficient to fix this, and it takes only a second to do.
3) About the line disappearing.
Hit the spacebar. It'll correct itself (or it does for me!)
As always, make sure everything is updated to the latest versioniPhone 4- I'll start theming again
09-09-2009, 10:28 AM #3
the way to fix the random buzzing, but have no text is to go into your settings > messages > and turn OFF repeat alert.
that's if i understand your issues correctly.
09-11-2009, 12:16 PM #4
1. being 'in or out' of the native app has no bearing on my problem.
2. Memory is not the issue. I have 130mb free at almost ALL times.
3. While hitting the space bar might provide a quick fix for you, hitting it for Me is a waste of time just to see what I wrote. and 'shouldn't' be required.
@eatjello I never said I get random buzzing. (or repeated for that matter)
I get the noise without the popup and vice versa.
A txt is being received its just not being displayed.
09-11-2009, 12:26 PM #5
Mine usually does the same exact thing as urs. I disabled the lockscreen pop ups bcuz it got so annoying.
The line disappearing (where text is) still happens to me from time to time.
Ive never had the "dead pop up" in the same sense as u but I have had it where I can move the bubble, even close it out, but tapping in the bubble doesnt bring up my reply it does nothing. (this was not all the time just once or twice)
BTW i kno its off topic but can i ask what font ur using in your screenie up top?They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
They only lack the light to show the way.
For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.
09-11-2009, 06:15 PM #6iPhone 4- I'll start theming again
12-21-2009, 06:28 PM #7
10-26-2010, 10:35 AM #8
My problem in the lockscreen with Tlert is.. when I go to reply in from the lockscreen I can read the message but I cant reply back. I type the but none of the letters/words come out in the reply field and when I send the message the message is a blank bubble. I had the same problem with 'QuickReply'
does anyone have that problem?
12-11-2010, 12:06 PM #9
i was having the same problem with tlert 4.4.1 on os 4.1
it was SUPER irritating! i ended up downgrading to tlert 4.3.5 and uninstalling the other sms programs i had from cydia.... and guess what?
IT WORKS! lockscreen replies, in app replies, quick send, everything.
so maybe try that?