+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tlert is not working in OS 3.0.1 so don't update if you want to keep using it.

is a discussion within the

Tlert

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
I finally decided to update today after seeing how everyone else was doing all weekend. Tlert just doesn't work. Everything is enabled, everything looks fine. But when I get a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unhappy I can't get Tlert working in 3.0.1 <Fixed>
    I finally decided to update today after seeing how everyone else was doing all weekend. Tlert just doesn't work. Everything is enabled, everything looks fine. But when I get a text message, the native sms box pops up, not tlert. Hopefully they'll get out a fix soon, I used the contact us button on the Rock website.
    Last edited by Ungratefulninja; 08-05-2009 at 02:56 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think psuskeels is on a vacation or something. He hasn't posted in a while. I'm sure an update will be out soon.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I received a PM from him just the other day..but he never responded to mine. Maybe vacation, maybe he's just a busy guy during the week?

I'm sure glad I'm going to school for this kinda stuff. I can't wait to learn it haha.
    iPhone 4- I'll start theming again

Thanks

works fine for me...
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

Thanks

I guess I'll test it an report back...
    iPhone 4- I'll start theming again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrooksr View Post
    works fine for me...
    You updated to 3.0.1 and it's working for you still? Hmmm...I wonder what's up with mine

Quote Originally Posted by agent005 View Post
    I guess I'll test it an report back...
    Thanks. Let us know if yours is working, so I know if it's just mine or not

Editing to add: I just now uninstalled the entire Rock App and all the things that come with it, and Tlert. Then re-installed both. And it's still not working, so I think it has to be the app, not just me.
    Last edited by Ungratefulninja; 08-05-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I find that hard to believe considering 3.0.1 is exactly the same in every way to 3.0.0 except for the SMS bug fix. Please confirm you did a restore (not update) to 3.0.1 and rejailbroke and set the phone up as a NEW profile in iTunes and didn't use any type of back-up. If you did any of these things then start all over.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I find that hard to believe considering 3.0.1 is exactly the same in every way to 3.0.0 except for the SMS bug fix. Please confirm you did a restore (not update) to 3.0.1 and rejailbroke and set the phone up as a NEW profile in iTunes and didn't use any type of back-up. If you did any of these things then start all over.
    To confirm- I did a restore to 3.0.1, set my iphone up as a new phone, didn't apply any backups, and then jailbroke using Redsn0w. It was exactly what I did the first time I jailbroke my phone, nothing different. But I'll give it another shot restoring/rejailbreaking/etc. to see if something went wrong, if I'm the only one this happened to. I don't know anyone else that uses Tlert to ask if theirs is functioning ok in 3.0.1.

Banned
    Thanks

works fine for me 3.0.1 3GS

maybe you have it turned off lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Carrbone For This Useful Post:

Ungratefulninja (08-05-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post
    works fine for me 3.0.1 3GS

maybe you have it turned off lol.
    Hee, that was the first thing I checked because I knew I'd be embarassed if that was it Thanks for confirming that it does work for you in 3.0.1. That means something is just wrong with mine, so I'm going to go ahead and restore and re-jailbreak and hopefully that will fix it. I'll update either way.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It also didn't allow me to install tlert and myprofiles because the rock the phone app wasn't compatiable according to the pop-up message I would get on my iphone when trying to install any app.

As of today they issued an update and now it allowed me to install the apps.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Markmanxp For This Useful Post:

Ungratefulninja (08-05-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Markmanxp View Post
    It also didn't allow me to install tlert and myprofiles because the rock the phone app wasn't compatiable according to the pop-up message I would get on my iphone when trying to install any app.

As of today they issued an update and now it allowed me to install the apps.
    Thanks, that's another good suggestion- I'll make sure I have the lastest update when I am finished restoring. Also, thanks everyone for the help in this thread. I'm a newbie here and I really appreciate the help

Update: Ok, after restoring and re-jailbreaking, Tlert IS working. Good news! However, for some reason, it's not showing as installed in the Rock app. When I click on the new or what's hot tabs, in the list of apps it says Install, so I could click on it and install it. And under the manage tab, it's not listed there. BUT. I don't care, as long as it's working properly, which it seems to be now Thank you to everyone who helped in this thread.
    Last edited by Ungratefulninja; 08-05-2009 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ungratefulninja For This Useful Post:

Carrbone (08-08-2009)