Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Re-occurring alerts

Default Re-occurring alerts
    I was / am super close to buying this but just recently it is mishaving where i really can't use it anymore.

A few days ago any time I got a message Tlert would show/pop-up the incoming message like usual. The problem is even if I click the Red little dot to close the incoming message or if I reply to a message the same incoming message(s) will later pop up again. I now am roughly seeing same / last 7 messages that keep popping up. I close them and a minute later they show up again!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application and that didn't fix it. I have reboot the phone a few times. I have cleared any SMS messages from within the SMS native app.

I am using the latest Rock App and extensions. Any ideas? Thanks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Markmanxp For This Useful Post:

edwilk55 (08-05-2009)

I just logged in to post about this as well. It just started last night and it's driving me crazy. It's only 4 alerts from last night, but they are stuck in the system and keep popping up.

I've uninstalled and re-installed, but the same prior alerts keep popping up.

I tried responding to one again today, but that didn't help either.

Heelllllp....

EDIT: It's doing it with new txt today as well. I've just had it turned off since yesterday, so thought it was only with the old txt messages.
    Last edited by edwilk55; 08-03-2009 at 10:49 AM.

Yeah the issue kept occurring so I disabled it hoping to hear back from someone here.

My trial period ran out before anyone responded. Today I just said "screw it" and purchased it because when it works it was awesome and I am guessing this problem can / will be fixed.

Today I upgraded my iphone firmware to the latest iphone version (sms fix). Re-applied the jailbreak and got everything back to normal.

When I went to install tlert to see if it would work now it the installer now mentions that it isn't compatible with this new firmware version and to wait a few days. Boy am I on a hot streak.

So now I am waiting for this before I can proceed with any installation of my purchased product and see where I am at with it working.

Quote Originally Posted by Markmanxp View Post
    Yeah the issue kept occurring so I disabled it hoping to hear back from someone here.

My trial period ran out before anyone responded. Today I just said "screw it" and purchased it because when it works it was awesome and I am guessing this problem can / will be fixed.

Today I upgraded my iphone firmware to the latest iphone version (sms fix). Re-applied the jailbreak and got everything back to normal.

When I went to install tlert to see if it would work now it the installer now mentions that it isn't compatible with this new firmware version and to wait a few days. Boy am I on a hot streak.

So now I am waiting for this before I can proceed with any installation of my purchased product and see where I am at with it working.
    I'm just glad I'm not the only one if ya know what I mean.

I love the app because you can 1. See the txt w/out having to unlock the phone and 2. Respond w/out having to unlock the phone.

And it has a small footprint on the screen annnnnnd it doesn't sit there holding up your other work when you hit send. Another big plus for me.

I was about to do the upgrade just to see if that fixed...glad you mentioned that here.

I also want to upgrade to get rid of the Rock app. Esp since Tlert and the Profiles app are in Cydia now...that app screwed some things up on my phone that I've never gotten completely back to normal.

Let's hope there's a fix soon.

edwilk55...Where can I find Tlert and Profiles on Cydia? They don't come up in a search of Cydia.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by bassix View Post
    edwilk55...Where can I find Tlert and Profiles on Cydia? They don't come up in a search of Cydia.

TIA
    I just searched for Tlert and Myprofiles and they came right up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -tlert.jpg   -myprofiles.jpg  

???? I think that the Rock Extensions and/or Rock App must be installed first before a Cydia search can be successful. After installing those files, then I was able to find Tlert and MyProfiles as you did. Does the Rock app NEED to be installed in order to install Tlert or MyProfiles. I'm trying to avoid conflicts that others have been reporting with the RockMyPhone installers/extensions. Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by bassix; 08-03-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by bassix View Post
    ???? I think that the Rock Extensions and/or Rock App must be installed first before a Cydia search can be successful. After installing those files, then I was able to find Tlert and MyProfiles as you did. Does the Rock app NEED to be installed in order to install Tlert or MyProfiles. I'm trying to avoid conflicts that others have been reporting with the RockMyPhone installers/extensions. Any help would be appreciated!
    That's a very good question. I would imagine that you're correct, RockApp and Rock Extensions has to be installed in order to find the apps under search. I do see both when I search, but not sure if it's only because I've already installed the Rock jailbreak.

I would love if someone can search and see if they see RockApps and Rock Extensions w/out doing the Rock install. If so, then see if you can install one or the other of the actual apps.

I personally hate that I installed that Rock break even though is is a nicely configured product very similar to Cydia, but only good for their own apps. It just messed with everything I'd already had installed. I had to reinstall almost all of my Cydia apps to get them going again and I'm not convinced that some of my current hokeyness isn't related.

1) You do need to have RockApp installed in order for them to show up in Cydia

2) Yeah, it's a pain having it installed, but Tlert was the sole reason I downloaded it. Well worth it...this is by far the best thing I bought for my phone

3) That bug was most likely caused by the Rock Extensions being old. Double check to make sure that you have the latest ones installed.
    iPhone 4- I'll start theming again

Quote Originally Posted by agent005 View Post
    1) You do need to have RockApp installed in order for them to show up in Cydia

3) That bug was most likely caused by the Rock Extensions being old. Double check to make sure that you have the latest ones installed.
    Bummer...I just upgraded to 3.0.1 last night. I needed to clear out and start fresh. Restored my jail break: Soooo easy with redsn0w btw...props to the Dev Team...also, AptBackup did exactly what it was supposed to do...put all of my Cydia info back in. I've had to re-install a few items, but knowing they are there already makes it so much easier than trying to remember what you had.

So with fresh install, I'm not d'loading the Rock app again. I love Tlert, but if they can't make it available in Cydia, the heck w/em.

And on point 3., my problem didn't start occuring until after the Rock app had me download the newer extensions...hummmmm.
    Last edited by edwilk55; 08-05-2009 at 09:30 AM.

Eh from the developers point of view, he wants his apps under his control. In Cydia you can't easily have trial apps, and if he wanted to sell them, he'd have to go through the Cydia Store, where Saurik takes a small cut. But hey, to each his own, I have the latest Rock Extensions installed and I'm thinking about updating to 3.0.1 just to see if it works myself.

Eh from the developers point of view, he wants his apps under his control. In Cydia you can't easily have trial apps, and if he wanted to sell them, he'd have to go through the Cydia Store, where Saurik takes a small cut. But hey, to each his own, I have the latest Rock Extensions installed and I'm thinking about updating to 3.0.1 just to see if it works myself.
    I see your point, but it's a small price to pay not to have to install that other app that seemed to frak my iPhone all up.

The ROCK icon was still present after I did my upgrade / restore of Cydia apps. So I clicked it, logged in and re-downloaded my apps from Rock.

Everything seems to be working fine, except I'm still stuck with the damn alerts popping up in Tlert.

Everything is current with regards to extensions (per the Rock app that is). And that was the best app of the bunch, so I'm really frustrated that we haven't heard from the dev in here yet.

Profiles seems to be "working" as well as it ever did.

The IntelliScreen too.

I'm just thinking of ditching them all since I don't like the way the profiles app seems to crash all the time, Tlerts aren't working and I don't care if I have IntelliScreen or not.

IDK....

Well back to the original problem..

Rock your Phone was just updated to support 3.0.1.
    So I proceeded and installed Tlert. I tested by sending a message. I recieved a reply from my spouse...and a few seconds later older messages start replying again! UGGGG

I wonder if there is a local area or cache area where the messages are stored that I can blow away!?

Anyone know? Is the author able to help? Thanks!

Well I started digging some more and believe I have found the fix -

I used the Windows IphoneBrowser app and found that the sms data is stored in /var/mobile/library/SMS

I deleted (the program makes a backup of these files)all the files in this folder. I had sms.db, sms-legacy.db, and tlertsave.plist. Once I removed them I had someone send me some test messages and I no longer am getting the old / other messages!!

If I had to guess I would first try deleting the tlertsave.plist file only and seeing if that fixes it. Otherwise if you don't care about previous SMS messages then just delete the db files also!
    Last edited by Markmanxp; 08-05-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Markmanxp View Post
    Well back to the original problem..

Rock your Phone was just updated to support 3.0.1.
    So I proceeded and installed Tlert. I tested by sending a message. I recieved a reply from my spouse...and a few seconds later older messages start replying again! UGGGG

I wonder if there is a local area or cache area where the messages are stored that I can blow away!?

Anyone know? Is the author able to help? Thanks!

Well I started digging some more and believe I have found the fix -

I used the Windows IphoneBrowser app and found that the sms data is stored in /var/mobile/library/SMS

I deleted (the program makes a backup of these files)all the files in this folder. I had sms.db, sms-legacy.db, and tlertsave.plist. Once I removed them I had someone send me some test messages and I no longer am getting the old / other messages!!

If I had to guess I would first try deleting the tlertsave.plist file only and seeing if that fixes it. Otherwise if you don't care about previous SMS messages then just delete the db files also!
    I did same...deleting the tlertsaved.plist is what did it for me.

Damn developers for not checking and responding to this. That's why we buy those apps...to get at least a little support and advice from them.

Good job Markmanxp!!!
    Last edited by edwilk55; 08-05-2009 at 05:16 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to edwilk55 For This Useful Post:

Markmanxp (08-06-2009)

Lol good thinking. I believe the Dev is on vacation this week, however. But hey. Who knows.

I just love my Tlert =]

Lol good thinking. I believe the Dev is on vacation this week, however. But hey. Who knows.

I just love my Tlert =]
    It is a great app. Esp since it's the only one I've found that allows me to view and send texts back when the screen is locked.

Hey guys - looks like you've figure things out. .Yes - i was on vacation (we had a baby boy . I should be more responsive -and Rock Your Phone support usually replies within 24 hours (not that you should direct these type of questions towards Rock Support .

Regarding the RockApp - it's a platform for all devs - for trials, sales, etc. It was developed before the Cydia Store
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Congratulations on the boy =].

And that's right it was developed before the App Store! I remember going into it when I first heard about it and there was, pretty much, nothing, so I deleted and forgot about it.

Then I decided to go back into it and found Tlert. And the rest is history

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Hey guys - looks like you've figure things out. .Yes - i was on vacation (we had a baby boy . I should be more responsive -and Rock Your Phone support usually replies within 24 hours (not that you should direct these type of questions towards Rock Support .

Regarding the RockApp - it's a platform for all devs - for trials, sales, etc. It was developed before the Cydia Store
    Congrats on the baby boy. Hope mom and baby are both doing well!

The Rock apps are awesome, but there are only a few in there. Granted they are really great apps, but still. The Rock install screwed up my Cydia install and functions up.

I just want to be able to either install the Rock installer w/out it jail breaking my phone (for those with already broken phones) or have the apps available in Cydia.

Now with the upgrade to 3.0.1 and using the Aptbackup program, the problems created with the Rock install seemed to have reversed themselves and I sitll have the Rock app allowing me to install Tlert, Profiles and IntelliScreen w/out the downsides of the initial install, but I feel for those that jail break with redsn0w, purplera1n, etc first and then install the Rock app like I did.

Congrats man well done! Hope you enjoyed your vacation