Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems and suggestions

iPhone? More like MyPhone BoneCrif's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Problems and suggestions
    Ok, after I got tlert working, I noticed some issues and problems that I think should be fixed before I purchase this app/modification.
    When in landscape mode, the magnifying glass doesn't seem to work properly; it acts as if it's still in landscape mode and as if the text that you are magnifying or selecting is in portrait mode, not landscape.

When using auto correct mode, and when a suggestion pops up and you press the little "x" marked by the suggestion, it acts as if you pressed the space bar and then accepts the suggestion.
    When in landscape mode and on springboard, the status bar seems to disable pressing most of the "Q", "123", and Shift buttons and rendering them half useless; unless you press on the right side of the buttons where the status bar isn't taking up space. (in terms of pressing)

Once I use the application more, I'll submit more entries about it that should or could be improved.

8GB iPhone 2G
    3.1.2 - Unlocked and Jailbroken

AMD Athlon 5000 Dual-Core 2.2GHz with 4.00 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

A problem I have found is when I hit the X on the text message it flashes the keyboard and reply bubble for a half second.

add a hotkey to start a new message

Thanks

anyone else notice sometimes when you press the spacebar regular mode it doesnt work?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

SUGGESTIONS/BUGS IN VERSION: 0.92.2

Suggestions:
    Ability to "lock" in whatever mode your in (landscape/portrait) for ex: as soon as you start typing the orientation is locked in that position for that message.

Ability to compose new messages via hotkey.

Ability to disable the vibration you get after sending a message.

Ability to drag a bubble to a new location before a reply so that it doesn't block something else you may have been working on.

Bugs:
    space key has a very limited target area in portrait mode.

when a contact photo is shown, the message sometimes doesn't fit in the bubble. (not sure if this is still a problem)

With autocorrect enabled you can't x out any of the word suggestions. It changes it regardless.

when you get multiple text messages and bubbles start to pile up, after closing the top bubble, all of the other bubbles say whatever the top one said. for example: If I get a text from Tina saying "hey", and then get a text from Lisa, Lisa's bubble will say "hey" regardless of what she really wrote. Forcing you to open sms client to read the message.

After you send a message, the keyboard status remains. Meaning if I left the keyboard on the characters, the next text message will start with the keyboard in that position.
    Last edited by iGotTheRiteTemp; 04-28-2009 at 04:08 PM.

Perhaps a minor point, but the keyboard does not provide visual feedback when keys are pressed, aside from the spacebar. The result is having to continually look at what you've typed to be certain you actually pressed the correct key.

Yes, the space bar is glitchy and sometimes the text gets cut off. I like the visuals, but I would stay with just quicksms if they dont iron out the details before my trial expires.

Even with this morning's update the keyboard is still only intermittently responsive. This is annoying, to say the least.

From what I have noticed while testing this app is the massive amounts of ram this thing uses up. After I get a text from someone, the MobileMail process jumps from like 1mb to 10mb and it keeps running long after the text has been closed. This eats up a huge amount of my battery. I don't know if it is just my phone. Maybe its not Tlert but it happens everytime I get a new text message. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MnVikingsFan26 View Post
    From what I have noticed while testing this app is the massive amounts of ram this thing uses up. After I get a text from someone, the MobileMail process jumps from like 1mb to 10mb and it keeps running long after the text has been closed. This eats up a huge amount of my battery. I don't know if it is just my phone. Maybe its not Tlert but it happens everytime I get a new text message. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    tlert uses mail.app to run itself in the background.

Ok, thats what I thought. Maybe it wouldn't eat so much battery if it ran on the mobile subtrate?

Thanks

Ok, thats what I thought. Maybe it wouldn't eat so much battery if it ran on the mobile subtrate?
    i sent in a suggestion to the dev's about that already.

K, great. That is the only real drawback to this app. Hopefully they will fix this!

Default Thanks for the Feedback
    Thank you all for feedback on the application so far. There are a couple different keyboard issues mentioned and the developers are actively working on resolving them.

With regards to the comments about running in Mail.app yes tlert does run inside that process. Many of the Intelliborn apps do this and they only add a very small footprint of memory . Since MobileMail is allowed to run in the background and is active on nearly ever iPhone this is an ideal place to run extensions and it's much safer then running in say SpringBoard since a crash in SpringBoard will affect the entire phone. By running in Mail, Intelliborn is looking to keep the performance and stability of the phone as high as possible.

Also the apps are managed by Rock Extensions which is a port of MobileSubstrate with specific enhancements. There were some design decisions made in MobileSubstrate which can cause unnecessary Safe Mode popups and performance issues. There is also some additional error handling in Rock Extensions that can prevent things such as an infinite restart loop.

Please look for an update to Tlert in the next day that should address the remaining keyboard and display issues. If you have any more questions or concerns about the use of MobileMail, Rock Extensions or the memory footprint please ask away.

Default Tlert Taing a while to display SMS message received
    That should be "taking" - not taing. Hi, Firstly this is a great app. When the bugs are ironed out it will be even better.
    The problems I am seeing are intermittent keyboard issues. Slow keyboard response, sometimes the keys u press do not show as being pressed. There is txt not being displayed in the SMS received bubble near the end of the txt message. Another big bug as far as I can see is that sometimes an SMS message will be received but not displayed on the lockscreen. I then use stock SMS to view it and then after appox 10 minutes that message gets displayed on lockscreen along with a few other previous sms messages all at the same time.I know you are working on these issues but thought I would make you aware of what my experience has been.
    Last edited by yrrag06; 04-29-2009 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yrrag06 View Post
    Another big bug as far as I can see is that sometimes an SMS message will be received but not displayed on the lockscreen. I then use stock SMS to view it and then after appox 10 minutes that message gets displayed on lockscreen along with a few other previous sms messages all at the same time.I know you are working on these issues but thought I would make you aware of what my experience has been.
    I've seen a similar issue, but not just on lockscreen. Sometimes there is a big lag before the Tlert displays message. Generally preceded by MyProfiles Bezel popping up. I suspect it's something with Intellishared or other Intelliborn "MobileSubstraight" issue.

it's getting better!

Quote Originally Posted by RockSupport View Post
    Please look for an update to Tlert in the next day that should address the remaining keyboard and display issues. If you have any more questions or concerns about the use of MobileMail, Rock Extensions or the memory footprint please ask away.
    Whenever I get a text message and I use Tlert the memory usage of MobileMail is up to 10mb and it does not go back down and it stays at 10mb. I usually just clear the memory with memtool to get its usage back down. Is that supposed to happen or is it just my phone?

Thanks

Whenever I get a text message and I use Tlert the memory usage of MobileMail is up to 10mb and it does not go back down and it stays at 10mb. I usually just clear the memory with memtool to get its usage back down. Is that supposed to happen or is it just my phone?
    Tlert uses mobilemail.app to run itself in the background, so mobilemail.app is always running.
    naturally, if an app is not doing anything and is idling, it uses less memmory if you are using it.

which is why your usage goes up when you get a text.

when you clear it with memtool.. it automatically re activates itself. try it

go to memtool, press clean, you'll see that mobilemail.app is gone and you've freed memmory. wait about 5 seconds, hit refresh at the top right

POOF it's back.

iPhone? More like MyPhone BoneCrif's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to keep the rest of my remaining trial of Tlert (which is around 6 days left), and just stick with iRealQuickSMS.
    Until I see that Tlert has fixed most of the bugs, made it more reliable, use less memory and more customization, I'm not going to use it, nor buy it.

It's a great concept, but I'm not going to pay anything for something that isn't out of Alpha / Beta release.
    it would be like making people pay for my application (OtterSwitch) that switches makes your phone go silent, my application isn't near ready for public release nor purchasing.
    I think releasing Tlert this early in developing might not have been the best move.

8GB iPhone 2G
    3.1.2 - Unlocked and Jailbroken

AMD Athlon 5000 Dual-Core 2.2GHz with 4.00 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

BoneCrif: Based on sales - I would say many people would disagree that it's an alpha/beta. Every software has bugs - and apps like this are "out of sandbox" - weird things can happen that are difficult to track down (ie, the code is "right" - but because there are other apps running, other animations, memory limitations, etc - things don't always work out and we have to find ways to "make it work"). But - of course, go with what you think is right .

0.93 should be out tomorrow:
    - Added Text Count
    - Additional Background Images (thanks interstink
    - Improved text entry performance
    - Fixed space key sensitivity
    - Fixed issue where multiple text messages from same recipient may display same text
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast