Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems and suggestions

iPhone? More like MyPhone iGotTheRiteTemp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrif View Post
    I'm going to keep the rest of my remaining trial of Tlert (which is around 6 days left), and just stick with iRealQuickSMS.
    Until I see that Tlert has fixed most of the bugs, made it more reliable, use less memory and more customization, I'm not going to use it, nor buy it.

It's a great concept, but I'm not going to pay anything for something that isn't out of Alpha / Beta release.
    it would be like making people pay for my application (OtterSwitch) that switches makes your phone go silent, my application isn't near ready for public release nor purchasing.
    I think releasing Tlert this early in developing might not have been the best move.
    Relax. The magnitude of the issues is minimal. So far, only small bugs which barely interfere with anything. Tlert is very stable and you have to admit, looks better and is more convenient than any other quick reply apps out there. Just be patient and the small imperfections you are so dramatically overstating will be fixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    BoneCrif: Based on sales - I would say many people would disagree that it's an alpha/beta. Every software has bugs - and apps like this are "out of sandbox" - weird things can happen that are difficult to track down (ie, the code is "right" - but because there are other apps running, other animations, memory limitations, etc - things don't always work out and we have to find ways to "make it work"). But - of course, go with what you think is right .

0.93 should be out tomorrow:
    - Added Text Count
    - Additional Background Images (thanks interstink
    - Improved text entry performance
    - Fixed space key sensitivity
    - Fixed issue where multiple text messages from same recipient may display same text
    Psuskeels, thanks for the reply. Is there a way to contact you to notify you more directly of any issues or suggestions?

iPhone? More like MyPhone BoneCrif's Avatar
    Thanks

I understand that it's hard to make an app that works on all different versions of firmware, different apps running, different modifications etc.
    I'm just saying I'll wait a couple more versions until I use the rest of my trial and then possibly buy it. I'd love to have it..

Also, can I suggest a feature: A way to create a new text from any app with out requiring someone to reply to you?

8GB iPhone 2G
    3.1.2 - Unlocked and Jailbroken

AMD Athlon 5000 Dual-Core 2.2GHz with 4.00 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I can definitely see where BoneCrif is coming from. It's not normal to charge people to beta test an app. But then again, the app does add functionality, so I can understand them wanting some compensation for it (which is why I assume that it's on sale until the bugs are ironed out).

And now to bring the thread back to the original topic :
    I'd love a way to clear the sms bubbles from Tlert with a single press of the home button. Many times I am in the middle of something and don't have time to try to find and press the little red button (sounds silly I know) but a single press of the home button would be extremely quick and useful. I'm starting to worry that with all of these useful "background" apps my phone is going to stop working lol (ie. I run intelliscreen, quicksms, tlert, elert, and I'm considering MyProfiles).

We implemented the home key as a close the reply button - but maybe we could have an option to hide it as well.

We test all of our products together, so no need to worry about their combination. Of course, if you install many other Cydia apps that hog memory - you might be in for some trouble . You have to prioritize what you like most.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Before installing the RYP apps, I used the Quick Dismiss app from Cydia to clear alerts from my lockscreen -- it worked great (single press of home button clears the alert). I notice it no longer works and I have to assume it's because of a conflict with one of the RYP apps (I have MyProfiles, elert, and tlert). It would be nice to see that conflict resolved.

Default Random text sounds after original text
    Is it just me or ever since I installed tlert I have been receiving text sounds well after the original text had been received. Sometimes like 3 minutes later. Is this problem caused by tlert or some other conflict?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

After the latest update i constantly get the safe mode screen and have to basically restart the springboard and once i uninstalled it stopped so i will prolly hold up till the next update

I often still use the phone and HOME button while leaving the tlert popup onscreen. Im hoping using the home button to close is an option.

please add support for blacklisting, i have purchased the app but have to disable it.

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    please add support for blacklisting, i have purchased the app but have to disable it.
    Do you mean to hide based on contact? Like if your wife-In-Law text's you and your wife is using the phone?

Sounds like thats out of the scope of this application. Should be built into the iPhone OS!

I would like URL support for Beejive IM ( link = beejiveim://chat/ ) Links in Tlert and Intelliscreen QuickView! And other URL types ofcourse... Safari, Email address, Call Phone #'s etc.
    Last edited by interstink; 05-05-2009 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i think there should be tiny updates and addons.. but some people are asking for major things, stop trying to make a application that was intended to be a MINI add on, a ram hugging tank app.

Quote Originally Posted by eatjello View Post
    i think there should be tiny updates and addons.. but some people are asking for major things, stop trying to make a application that was intended to be a MINI add on, a ram hugging tank app.
    Agree... some small tweaks and bug fixes - DONE!

Rock my phone broke my phone last time I used it, had to restore.

I decided to give it another shot and install through cydia, It worked great.........for about a week, then just now I updated rock app through the rock app manage page, and now behold, endless respring, THANK YOU RYP!!

Jonny - if you reboot the phone - it'll work - the root cause has been identified (timing issue when you have many Cydia apps installed). The unfortunate thing is that the latest update fixes it, but it couldn't be retroactive until the latest update. Please email rock support - they'll help you out for your trouble.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

I can't seem to scroll trough long text messages sometimes. Hope this issue is resolved soon. Great app

Blacklist support would be nice. Specifically, iBlacklist, MCleaner. I personally use iBlacklist. When a blacklisted contact texts me, I get a Tlert popup. Not good.

I think that if you close the SMS pop up without replying, the SMS notifcation in the status bar and SMS app should stay so that you know you still have an SMS that you didnt reply to. If you reply than they should go away.

Thanks

i have this problem where on certain messages i receive that the word 'return' just appears in the message, in the background. it happens randomly.

im not sure where to post this, but i tried installing tlert on my phone.
    2.2 jailboken phone and it put it into recovery mode??

anyone know why this happened??

Thanks

I'm on 2.2 as well and after I had installed it, my phone kept going into safe mode, so I disabled it and no problems as of yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast