+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bug with Tlert

is a discussion within the

Tlert

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
it's been working well for me since I marked 'orientation' to portrait. It's a work around until fixes are out.. I tried using my iphone without tlert and it's annoyingly
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it's been working well for me since I marked 'orientation' to portrait. It's a work around until fixes are out.. I tried using my iphone without tlert and it's annoyingly cumbersome to exit apps and back.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can someone please post back some experiences with Tlert running on 3.0?
    Thanks in advance

Thanks

it doesnt work yet rask, we need to wait for an update

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

it should work ok on 3.0 - there was an issue with it repeating a conversation randomly - but that's now fixed (as of Tlert 0.95.2)
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

FYI, setting the phone to portrait doesn't fix my issues. I've always have it set to portrait anyway, and it's always crashed.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you cookster I'll guess I wait for another update

Thanks

cookster.. can you send a syslog of when it's crashed so we can confirm this is a tlert issue and not another app? There are thousands of users on 3.0 without this issue (of course, there are other bugs we are working on .
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

iPhone? More like MyPhone imagineThiss's Avatar
    Thanks

how are you even using tlert in 3.0 i cant seem to get to function properly works less than half the times.. and YES a im fully upgraded on everything.. ??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    how are you even using tlert in 3.0 i cant seem to get to function properly works less than half the times.. and YES a im fully upgraded on everything.. ??
    Make sure rockapp is properly installed, rock extensions is fully updated, and Intellishared as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SMSAllDay View Post
    Make sure rockapp is properly installed, rock extensions is fully updated, and Intellishared as well.
    It is my friend.. all of it...

Now i did restart the phone.. and so far so good ... so im crossing my fingers...

Also a question for the developers.. i haven't tested this yet.. but what happens when i get a MMS... since its built into the messaging app on 3.0.. and since tlert disables the system messaging notification.. will it know not to block the MMS ones... ?? something for the developers to think about ?

Thanks

jayhijazi - yes - we need to develop a solution for mms (not sure what happens today)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tried installing it on a clean jailbroken 3.0 device today, got the latest versions intellishared/tlert/rockapp etc and got a safe mode errr again.
    Tlert settings : out of the box, no settings changed whatsoever.
    Situation: 1 text message and two missed calls. Error occured when slide to unlock was attempted.

Please fix this psuskeels, I love using this app!

Thanks

rask: any chance you have syslog installed and can send the info from that crash (or repeat with syslog or rock your phone desktop client --> View iPhone system log)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I upgraded to 3.0 over the weekend. With Tlert installed, cut and paste doesn't work in email. You can hightlight, but the buttons for cut/paste are not there. Also in email, sometimes while in email, touching the screen didn't work to go back up an account level or to open a message. Scrolling worked for a while, but then then even that broke. I pressed the home button and got back to the home screen, but they a keyboard popped up that I could not get rid of. I did a respring and the keyboard went away.

I ended up uninstalling Tlert and my cut/paste came back and so far no problems will email.

Please fix as I miss this application!

Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

dont know if this bug has been spotted but dont know why but sometimes when i rotate the screen the kayboard messes up i.e goes landscape when the phone is portrait and potratit but in the middle of the screen when in portrait

Green Apple
    Thanks

Andy: I had exactly the same problem a couple of times?
    Psuskeels: no sorry I didn't have syslog insalled, also I completely uninstalled Tlert again.

I will try it all again when an update has been released, I just need my phone to work properly now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default locks up iphone
    Bought tlert couple days ago after trying it for 1 day.
    Really cool and useful program at first sight-envy of non JB iphone friends.
    Should have used trial period more longer... Locks up my
    iPhone 3G OS3 -not sure exactly of the sequence of events-usually shortly
    after message received and is acted upon, and iphone is turned off
    thereafter. Next time I want to use my phone it would not wake up
    until reset .
    I have a few programs(mQuickDo/backgrounder/qTweeter/ToneFX/Notifier) installed-

BUT problem goes away if tlert deactivated.

Thanks

ok some notes for the developers...

NOTE* i have everything upgraded to the latest update possible...

ok some bugs...

First of while in springboard.. meaning not on the lock screen.. while replying to a text message using Tlert.. usually near the bottom of the keyboard.. while typing it also clicks/presses, whatever you want to call it.. in the background.. so like for example near the "N" "M" or "DELETE" keys it also picks my 4th icon on my dock (which is usually safari).. this happens like 30% of the time ..

also second bug i noticed when receiving a text message using tlert.. while my screen is locked or not actually it kind of freezes.. not my iphone as a whole.. but the tlert bubble itself meaning if i tap on it nothing happens.. the only way to reactive per say.. is to relock and unlock the screen all is back to normal...

last bug when receiving a tlert message.. sometimes the whole message doesn't fit in the bubble.. coming out of the right of the bubble..

*another note: im on iphone 3g.. unlocked via ultrasn0w tmobile... 3.0
    Last edited by imagineThiss; 07-02-2009 at 10:43 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tried enabling tlert again like I do with every update hoping the safe boot crashes are resolved and the setting ap now crashes to springboard when I try to change font colors.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I didnt have a safemode boot in a day now with the new updates, hoping this will last.
    I did encounter another bug...

When I opened up my mail app everything seemed to freeze, only the homebutton appeared to work.. When reopening the mail app a keyboard appeared where it shouldnt:

Then again only my home button could save me, but the keyboard stayed:

&

again I couldnt get rid of the keyboard, had to respring with sbsettings to resolve..
    Last edited by rask; 07-10-2009 at 11:16 AM.