+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bug with Tlert

is a discussion within the

Tlert

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
I still got the disappearing text in portrait/appearing in landscape but blocking all touchscreen issue with the latest intellishared. Now I did notice this happens when a text message is
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I still got the disappearing text in portrait/appearing in landscape but blocking all touchscreen issue with the latest intellishared. Now I did notice this happens when a text message is unread for a while. Like in the morning or when I come back from the gym etc. Never had any problems in the previous versions aswel.

Just got a text while using safari, couldn't use the keyboard at all.

UPDATE: I cant reply to any tlert msg anymore, the keyboard does show up but when I "type" nothing displays, the counter stays at zero aswel. Rebooting the phone didn't resolve this.

UPDATE 2: Downloading Intellishared 2.91.3 now, will post back.

Tlert keyboard appeared to be working today but still had a sad mac with newest intellishared.
    Last edited by rask; 06-02-2009 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SMSAllDay View Post
    ok I've just updated to the latest intellishare and will post my result. I did also noticed that the problem went away when I disabled selected "portrait." could be an exellerometer (sp?) issue? Hope the update will fix this and another problem I found after my last post..

new problem: when getting multiple sms while using and ending other activities, and trying to "reply", the keyboard comes up but no typing input is allowed. You can see the key response when pressed but no characters appearing in the "reply" bubble. Will let you know if the updated intelleshare resolves this.

Keep up the good work.

Updated to the latest Intelleshare and reset view to "Auto." Phone plugged in. Heard incoming txt. 30min later saw incoming txt bubble on lock screen and (sigh) can't swipe-to-unlock. Was unresponsive just like before. No change. Any thoughts?
    unselected "auto" and running on "portrait" at this point for 24-hours.. about 20 sms and no issues yet. This is an acceptable work-around for me at this point since I really don't type in landscape. However, since I've paid for this software, I would like to see this feature functional.

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

Ok - have a fix ready for 0.98. It's in the beta environment.. Anyone care to test - PM me for details on Rock beta test env.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Spurious SMS Notification
    I also noticed that if I lock the display mode into portrait the touch screen not responding goes away.

Can you tell me if the spurious delayed SMS Notification tone has been fixed in the new release? In the current release, after responding to an SMS message within a minute or so I hear a randomly timed SMS notification tone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

since installing TLERT update on the weekend, my phone has crashed multiple times. Essentially i cannot slide to unlock from the lockscreen, then the springboard crashes and I get the space invaders screen. I can then unlock and restart springboard.

After removing TLERT and intellishared, this hasn't happened again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psuskeels View Post
    Ok - have a fix ready for 0.98. It's in the beta environment.. Anyone care to test - PM me for details on Rock beta test env.
    updated to the latest intellishare yesterday.. havent really gotten too many sms [nobody luvs me ] but have not had any issues with frozen lockscreen or any previously reported problems. Orientation has been on "auto" since the update . One issue i forget to report but this has been on going but not nagging enuf for me to remember.

When inputing text in the reply bubble, if I need to move the cursor to another text area, the mag glass comes up but you see nothing in the glass - blank. obviously the usual behavior is the magnified text stream with movable text cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by SMSAllDay View Post
    updated to the latest intellishare yesterday.. havent really gotten too many sms [nobody luvs me ] but have not had any issues with frozen lockscreen or any previously reported problems. Orientation has been on "auto" since the update . One issue i forget to report but this has been on going but not nagging enuf for me to remember.

When inputing text in the reply bubble, if I need to move the cursor to another text area, the mag glass comes up but you see nothing in the glass - blank. obviously the usual behavior is the magnified text stream with movable text cursor.
    spoke too soon.. screen locked up during reply in lockscreen, landscape mode. Had to reset
    Last edited by SMSAllDay; 06-03-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Spurious SMS Notification
    I am now running 0.98.2 and I have not been bold enough to run it in the "Auto" mode, but I confirm that the spurious SMS notification tone still occurs some random time after replying to a SMS message.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AndyiPhone View Post
    I am now running 0.98.2 and I have not been bold enough to run it in the "Auto" mode, but I confirm that the spurious SMS notification tone still occurs some random time after replying to a SMS message.
    AndyiPhone, don't do it. 98.2 will lock you up on "auto". As for the spurious notification, yes.. I just experienced that for the first time this morning..strange I was expecting an important sms and got punked by the mysterious sms notification.

I like this product a lot but too bad it's been so flaky since the last major update (for 3.0). It was quietly working almost perfectly before that

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I've been using TIert for a while now. I'm having many of the same issues on the new version, and some existing issues.

When I attempt to reply and the the button typing does not show up in the reply window, I tap the reply window and this activates the cursor in the window. This workaround has always worked for me, but for some reason the reply window is not grabbing the curson on its own.

My new problem is visual updates while typing a reponse is terribly slow. I type relatively fast, and the window is not keeping up. When I attempt to delete, I'm constantly over-deleting because the cursor is behind.

The lack of magnifying glass when trying to place the cursor and the letter buttons not enlarging when pressed is a problem that existed before this last release.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think there was a new version out earlier today (newer than the version realeased on the weekend anyway)

I installed it (including intellishared) and then my phone crashed about an hour later.

I've since uninstalled telert and it hasn't crashed since.

Thanks

when i have it on Landscape mode, and i get a text, while im in the middle of typing a text, if i look away and the screen turns off, when i turn it back on, the keyboard is still a landscape keyboard, but in portrait mode. and i cannot close it, or put it back.
    so you only see half of the keyboard.

i have to end mail.app to get it to go away

Thanks

wow.. that was a good one.. fixed in 1.00 (in beta env currently)
    Last edited by skeels; 06-12-2009 at 02:14 PM.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think I have finally figured out the spurious SMS notification tones. Apparently Apple has put a reminder tone into the more recent firmware where if it thinks that any messages have not been read, it puts out a reminder tone. I am guessing that there is some hook that is not being set to indicate that there is an unread message even though no messages are still marked as new.

Has this been addressed in version 1.0?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

When will RockYourphone be available in 3.0? Will it be ready once the official 3.0 release comes? or is it dependent on a jailbreak release?
    I'm on 3.0 GM and I miss Tlert and Myprofiles.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwan View Post
    When will RockYourphone be available in 3.0? Will it be ready once the official 3.0 release comes? or is it dependent on a jailbreak release?
    I'm on 3.0 GM and I miss Tlert and Myprofiles.
    Wait. I thought all Rock apps especially tlert are 3.0 ready. Didnt we go through a number of bug fixes because of a 3.0 update?

Thanks

Andy: It should not remind you - please let me know if it does (should be fixed in 1.01)
    Kwan/SMS: Apps are 3.0 ready - we are awaiting a jailbreak solution for 3.0 GM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

When a jailbreak is available ofcourse, can someone please post back if the bugs that crash the springboard all the time are gone??
    I absolutely loved this app but 5 crashes a day made me disable it under 2.2. Thanks in advance

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well..i'm done with TLERT. It's a shame as I really liked what it did. I removed TLERT a week or two ago because it kept crashing my phone. Since then the phone has been rock solid..not crashes.

I noticed last night that TLERT 1.x was out so installed it. Within a few hours I got the exact same type of crash again. ie where you cannot slide to unlock, and then the phone goes into safe mode.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I agree it's a damn shame. Myself and my roommate both uninstalled Tlert. I really hope this gets resolved, fact is tlert used to work apretty good before the last few updates.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i still have 5 days left of my trial, but im currently not using tlert due to the constant crashes to safe mode!

I experience it with the old version and with the recent update!

Untill this is fixed i wont be making a purchase!