Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just got a text from AT&T forcing me to a tethered plan, any way to fight this?

Default Just got a text from AT&T forcing me to a tethered plan, any way to fight this?
    I was using a jailbroken iPhone and MyWi, but is there any way I can explain this? I called AT&T up, and the guy gave me his name and direct number, and he said they can block the switch to the plan if they verify what happened. He gave me until the 5th of next month to explain. Obviously I can't just say "yeah I jailbroke my phone and used an app called MyWi", so has anyone fought their way out of this before?

I'm not legal adviser but if you are grandfather plan unlimit data and if Att trying to change your plan you can sue them because according to contract them said unlimit they didnt said how we can use it. Ironny, Att can offer you buy out or refuse to service you.

Thanks

Yeah...but isn't that a violation of the terms of the contract?...

Yeah, they said it was in the wireless contract, so yeah, I think the only thing I can say is I upgraded my phone and the problem won't happen again, but even then I don't think I'll get my unlimited data back :/

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    Yeah...but isn't that a violation of the terms of the contract?...
    The person on that contract need to read contract, I do believe every contract have flaw and in court of law if you can point out the flaw and turn that in your advantage....... My suggest that, back in the day when the first 2007 iphone came out ATT didn't think about tether. However, the question is Is it worth the headache? Anyway in short, most people wont bother to exploit flaw of their contract because even they manage to win the decision, it is not worth the effort.
    Last edited by monkeydance; 10-01-2012 at 12:45 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Honesty works wonders sometimes, not always though. Seems like the only option here unless you are going battle, legally speaking that is.