+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G 4.2.1, 5.15.4.. SIM PIN?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Okay, so I got a iPhone 3G, 8g.. 4.2.1, 5.15.4.. I tried to Jailbreak and unlock it.. which I did.. I jailbroke it with RedSn0w.. and unlocked it with Ultrasn0w...
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G 4.2.1, 5.15.4.. SIM PIN?
    Okay, so I got a iPhone 3G, 8g.. 4.2.1, 5.15.4.. I tried to Jailbreak and unlock it.. which I did..
    I jailbroke it with RedSn0w.. and unlocked it with Ultrasn0w... Ever since I got the iPhone, it has been saying sim pin?.. I'm stuck on what to do.. I am using a AT&T prepaid sim card.. I need some help here.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After a little research on the net, a few people have been getting results with the default sim pin of "12345". If that doesn't work, try "1234" or "0000".

I hope it works out
    Moderator notice: Please keep all sales pitches in the B-S-T forum.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inni View Post
    After a little research on the net, a few people have been getting results with the default sim pin of "12345". If that doesn't work, try "1234" or "0000".

I hope it works out
    Thanks! I'll try it. Good to know members will research to help out a fellow member.
    EDIT: Didn't work.
    Last edited by xDante; 06-17-2012 at 12:22 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

From AT&T website:
    SIM PIN
    A SIM PIN is a four to eight digit code that is used to prevent unauthorized use of a SIM card. The default PIN for an AT&T SIM card is 1111. When the SIM PIN is enabled, the security option follows the SIM card if the card is moved from one device to another. If you enter the incorrect PIN for your device three times, the SIM card will lock, and you will need to get a PUK code from AT&T to unlock your SIM card.

PUK code
    A PIN Unlock Key (PUK) code is required to unlock SIM cards that have become locked following three successive incorrect PIN entries. If your SIM card becomes locked, you will need to get a PUK code from AT&T to unlock your SIM card.

Go to the My Phone/Device page in myAT&T and select the Unblock SIM Card link under Manage my phone/device to get the PUK code. The Unblock SIM screen will display your PUK code and will give you instructions for unblocking your SIM Card

Maybe "1111" will work. Did you change your code at all?
    Moderator notice: Please keep all sales pitches in the B-S-T forum.