+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: At&t iphone 4 and 4s changing it to factory unlocked

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Well this is my first post... I have a friend who has a phone store that deals with h20 services, he just texted me and told me he can get
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default At&t iphone 4 and 4s changing it to factory unlocked
    Well this is my first post... I have a friend who has a phone store that deals with h20 services, he just texted me and told me he can get the at&t iphone 4 and 4s to factory unlock,, he tell me it will cost $155 usd ,,,, i was wondering if i miss anything in here or how can he get it to be factory unclocked.. Anyone here knows anything about it ,,,,because i will pay for it ,,just for the simple reason ,,i hate the gevey sim unclok.... Anyone ,,,thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

yes.. its possible. i had my ATT phone changed by O2. all they did was submit an IMEI unlock request to apple. then from there, you just simple sync to i-tunes. you'll get a message that says "Contratulations, your iphone is now unlocked"

question is.. can your friend actually do this? nowadays, O2 or what ever carrier who will do the IMEI unlock.. they wont do it if the iphone was not purchased from them and or if its from a different country origin. but for $155, you can problem sell your current iphone and buy a used factory unlock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

he actually has a cell store that deal with the O2 SERVICES thats probably why he is doing it now... thanks for the reply

Thanks

can you find out more detail? I will not mind to pay to get it factory unlock, it dose happen about nine months ago, most people asking for $200 to get it unlock. If 150 I will do it.
    please keep us update more detail. Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@wing .. i will .. right now i have an iphone 4 .. trying to make a deal with a co-worker who has an iphone 4s .. if i get the deal done i will go and get it unlock ... i dont mind spending the 150 .. im tired of the gevey sim unlock .. i will keep you post on anything

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes u can unlock any ATT iphone but why spend so much on unlock. There are few store around US offer iphone unlock(yes the official way).

There is one store i know in madison WI will unlock for 179 but that is expensive if u r not with att customer.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,748 Times in 6,859 Posts

AFAIK there is no way to unlock an ATT iPhone the official way. ATT will not unlock it for you and that IMEI unlock which popped up a few weeks ago got shut down before any could get unlocked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi
    frnd if u can help i have 4 iphone 4 att usa can u r frnd unlock mine
    if so pls contact me through ([email protected])

Quote Originally Posted by ELBUYTRE View Post
    Well this is my first post... I have a friend who has a phone store that deals with h20 services, he just texted me and told me he can get the at&t iphone 4 and 4s to factory unlock,, he tell me it will cost $155 usd ,,,, i was wondering if i miss anything in here or how can he get it to be factory unclocked.. Anyone here knows anything about it ,,,,because i will pay for it ,,just for the simple reason ,,i hate the gevey sim unclok.... Anyone ,,,thanks

hi
    frnd if u can help i have 4 iphone 4 att usa can u r frnd unlock mine
    if so pls contact me through ([email protected])

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can unlock any iPhone with AT&T you just have to worry about apple catching it and locking back to AT&T..... Trick is using IPad firmware which unlocks your bands for other servers I'll post some links soon

Thanks

I just read today that AT&T will unlock iPhones for customers in good standing and as long as contract has been satisfied...not sure if this is starting right now or sometime in the near future...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

It started yesterday. They announced it Friday. Did you guys read the front page news?!

Thanks

Yeah...I was busy...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    I just read today that AT&T will unlock iPhones for customers in good standing and as long as contract has been satisfied...not sure if this is starting right now or sometime in the near future...
    It is start on April-8, go to redmondpie.com to find all the post and how you get it unlock in 15 minutes!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi guys, any one can help me to get an at&t pay as you go sim card, which can be used internatinaly...currently m not in US...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

yeah be careful .. some ATT customer may submit your IMEI and next thing you know.. they'll unlock your iphone