+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Got my first warning:(

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Tonight AT&T sent me a text that I have reached top 5% user at 8 gb. Obviously I have unlimited data and don't want to mess that Up. Recently I've
    iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Got my first warning:(
    Tonight AT&T sent me a text that I have reached top 5% user at 8 gb. Obviously I have unlimited data and don't want to mess that Up. Recently I've been using pandora on my 2 hr drive to work. Now I feel for all people that I've read got these text last year when they started doing this crap. This truly sucks but they got me by the balls and I have no choice but to play by their rules. No my 4S is not jb and I'm not tethering.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It just means they will throttle your speeds. After you use up 5gb, they will put you on Edge.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maddawg05's Avatar
    Thanks

According to CS, I won't get throttle down until I'm in the top 5% next billing cycle. She said I'll get a text warning that I'm reaching top 5% and it'll usual mean (according to her) that I've got bout 1/2-1 GB before I'll get another text saying I'm IN top 5% and then I'll get throttle down for that billing cycle . Next billing cycle I start all over again. What's also interesting is that she says if I'm on Wifi let's say using pandora and my phone goes to sleep, then i be using data and NOT Wifi anymore. When I asked for a definuitive data usage number, she says she doesn't know it and that it changes every month.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jj2345's Avatar
    Thanks

The slow me down at 2gigs,you're lucky

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been throttled on two different billing cycles in the last 4 months. They don't even know what the limit is before I go over since it can vary each month. The group of unlimited users will only get smaller as they jump ship for other plans. Really hope the DOJ or FCC can step in and do something