+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My wish for unlited free native tethering granted by the AT&T fairy?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok so I have a jailbroken iPhone 4. I'm still on 4.3.4 iOS and I'm on AT&T. I'm grandfathered into the unlimited data plan they no longer offer. So I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default My wish for unlited free native tethering granted by the AT&T fairy?
    Ok so I have a jailbroken iPhone 4. I'm still on 4.3.4 iOS and I'm on AT&T. I'm grandfathered into the unlimited data plan they no longer offer. So I got a new tablet recently and since there's no wifi at my house, I was looking into tethering options. I got mywi from cydia and used the 3 day trial but didn't want to pay 20$ for it so I got pdanet and I never could get that to work.
    SO, the other day I was in the settings app and for some reason I decided to try enabling the native hotspot feature. Now when I've tried this in the past it tells you to contact AT&T to enable tethering. But this time it worked. Set up my tablet and it's been working fine for 3 days now.
    So my question is, how could this have happened?
    I rechecked my data plan on the at&t website thinking they may have change my plan for some reason but it still says I have unlimited data. Has this happened to anybody else? Is at&t going to notice? I'm not complaining I love it I just don't want to risk losing my unlimited data plan, its not worth losing to tether.

Thanks

Happened to me on Verizon. I accidentally turned the hotspot off and I wasn't able to access it again. Anyway AT&T will automatically change your data plan if they think you are tethering.