+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPhone 3GS worked better than my iPhone 4S

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently upgraded my iPhone 3GS to 4S and am a little ticked off and frustrated by how the 4S doesn't work in all the same areas that my 3GS
    Thanks

Default My iPhone 3GS worked better than my iPhone 4S
    I recently upgraded my iPhone 3GS to 4S and am a little ticked off and frustrated by how the 4S doesn't work in all the same areas that my 3GS did. When it does work... it's pretty fast. But... it works less often than my 3GS making my old 3GS more reliable. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a reason my iPhone 4S works poor in areas my 3GS worked normally? Is there a reason it has trouble staying on the 3G network in places my iPhone 3GS never did?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If I were you I'd sell the 4S and buy the iPhone 4, pocket the extra cash while you're at it, since you're unhappy with the 4S. I've been 100% happy with iPhone 4 so...I don't know if that would apply to you though.

It could just be a faulty device though, maybe have Apple get you a replacement and see how that goes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    If I were you I'd sell the 4S and buy the iPhone 4, pocket the extra cash while you're at it, since you're unhappy with the 4S. I've been 100% happy with iPhone 4 so...I don't know if that would apply to you though.

It could just be a faulty device though, maybe have Apple get you a replacement and see how that goes.
    Well, I was hoping it wasn't a defect and merely some kind of software issue or simply the way they want the new 4S to work... "fast or not at all." But that's the case for me... it works fast or it doesn't work. I think At&t wants that to be the case so there isn't claims of slow data speeds. If there is a connection failure then there isn't a complaint for lack of speed... if you get what i'm saying.

Thanks

Well you'll never know until you try to exchange it or just flat out sell it and get it out of your way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Well you'll never know until you try to exchange it or just flat out sell it and get it out of your way.
    I plan to go to an Apple store this weekend. I still wonder if it's an At&t thing or an iPhone thing.

Thanks

Please let us know then! I would expect it to be a defect but then again I wouldn't be surprised if what you said is somewhat true lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 698 Posts

I also went from 3GS ( witch I loved ) to my new 4s ( witch I would love if I could jailbreak!! ) but no complaints!! I don't have batterie problems!! No echo when headset on!! Siri sometimes don't work but that's it!! Speed is wayyyy faster and everything works flawlessly!!!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I updated from the 3Gs to the 4s and no big problems here. I don't really care for the battery with my 4s and waiting for the dev's to update the apps I paid for is a bummer because some don't work right now.

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Green Apple
    Thanks

i also went from a 3gs to the 4s and have had no problems with anything. the battery kinda sucks but it does get used alot for music videos and web browsing so i guess it could be worse. I would do what I.Annie said and sell it and get the 4 and pocket the rest or take it to the apple store and get a replacement, the 4 is a great phone my wife has had one for the last year with no problems at all.

Thanks

The major difference between my
    3GS and my 4S is consistency and dependability. I could send a text message in more areas with my 3GS than I can my 4S in the same areas. The only time my 4S performs at all is when it's fast and had a strong signal. I could always patiently use my 3GS with a weak signal. But most of the time it's either my 4S works fast and near a strong signal or it just doesn't work. And when it falls on the edge network, you can forget it. Never happened this way with my 3GS. It was slow at times but would always work.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsolman View Post
    Well, I was hoping it wasn't a defect and merely some kind of software issue or simply the way they want the new 4S to work... "fast or not at all." But that's the case for me... it works fast or it doesn't work. I think At&t wants that to be the case so there isn't claims of slow data speeds. If there is a connection failure then there isn't a complaint for lack of speed... if you get what i'm saying.
    Yup that is exactly what at&t wants, your phone not to work at all. So when you have issues you tie up their customer service dept. and cost them more $$$. You =/= sense