+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ATT prepaid data plan... pain in my ***. Cant get it to work, please help!

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a non jailbroken 3gs iphone on att prepaid. I bought the att prepaid data package and it didn't work. All Att reps said the prepaid data package is
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default ATT prepaid data plan... pain in my ***. Cant get it to work, please help!
    I have a non jailbroken 3gs iphone on att prepaid. I bought the att prepaid data package and it didn't work. All Att reps said the prepaid data package is not compatible with iphone and blackberrys. ITS THIS TRUE? Some forums said all I had to do is add the prepaid plan and it should work.

Other foums said go to unlockit.co.nz and click fake apn and it will remove the 1cent per K/B use. Does this mean if I go there it will allow me to use the prepaid att data plan?

What are my options of getting data on my phone... Please help!!! This is getting frustrating.
    Last edited by rah10; 08-24-2011 at 08:56 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rah10 View Post
    I have a non jailbroken 3gs iphone on att prepaid. I bought the att prepaid data package and it didn't work. All Att reps said the prepaid data package is not compatible with iphone and blackberrys. ITS THIS TRUE? Some forums said all I had to do is add the prepaid plan and it should work.

Other foums said go to unlockit.co.nz and click fake apn and it will remove the 1cent per K/B use. Does this mean if I go there it will allow me to use the prepaid att data plan?

What are my options of getting data on my phone... Please help!!! This is getting frustrating.
    yea, the prepaid plans do not work the iphone, blackberry, or any of the new 4G Android phones without changing settings. you need to figure out how to change your iphone's apn from "phone" to "wap.cingular" and then and only then may your data work.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

unlockit.co.nz like you've mentioned already. Instead of selecting the fake apn, select custom apn. Go to the drop down list and select US - AT&T (wap.cingular) and install that APN. Should be fine then.