+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can i configure 3g data on iphone 4 gophone new $50 unlimited thats out today?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Sorry for the long headline... I just got the new unlimited $50 talk text & web, talk &text work But the internet connection does not work... I see a 3g
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How can i configure 3g data on iphone 4 gophone new $50 unlimited thats out today?
    Sorry for the long headline...
    I just got the new unlimited $50 talk text & web, talk &text work
    But the internet connection does not work...
    I see a 3g icon at the top near the at&t logo but i can't get access to any site...

My friend didnt updated his plan and his using the prepaid for around $70 (his paying on data seperatly) he gets fast 3g speeds.

He used the unlockit method but when i try it nothing happens...

Im using iphone 4 on firmware 4.3.3
    Anyone got the new plan today and got it to work?

Thanx!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

Reset network settings, reboot your phone, then try again. Keep the APN settings there for this. If that doesn't work, do this process again but without the APN settings. It should work without any APN settings if on AT&T.

Btw, this iPhone of yours is an AT&T phone right? It isn't locked to like a foreign carrier?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Reset network settings, reboot your phone, then try again. Keep the APN settings there for this. If that doesn't work, do this process again but without the APN settings. It should work without any APN settings if on AT&T.

Btw, this iPhone of yours is an AT&T phone right? It isn't locked to like a foreign carrier?
    Yes its an at&t
    Jailbrokem & unlocked with ultrasnow

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I do also have the same problem with my iPhone 4 with the GoPhone $50 unlimited.
    Originally bought unlocked from Apple.com from Europe.

Phonecalls and SMS works perfectly.

I have done this:

Placed the new Microsim in my iPhone, reset networksettings, reboot my phone, changed my APN-settings from Unlockit, rebooted my iPhone again, synced with iTunes...... And it still does not work!

I actually also went back to AT&T Store, and he tried to connect my iPhone IMEINR to the ICCID-number, but he got an errormessage he showed me, that said that iPhone is not allowed to be used as a prepaid phone.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morg View Post
    Yes its an at&t
    Jailbrokem & unlocked with ultrasnow
    Why do you have ultrasn0w installed if you are on an official carrier? All it is going to do is drain your battery by running a process you don't even need.

Quote Originally Posted by hestene89 View Post
    I do also have the same problem with my iPhone 4 with the GoPhone $50 unlimited.
    Originally bought unlocked from Apple.com from Europe.

Phonecalls and SMS works perfectly.

I have done this:

Placed the new Microsim in my iPhone, reset networksettings, reboot my phone, changed my APN-settings from Unlockit, rebooted my iPhone again, synced with iTunes...... And it still does not work!

I actually also went back to AT&T Store, and he tried to connect my iPhone IMEINR to the ICCID-number, but he got an errormessage he showed me, that said that iPhone is not allowed to be used as a prepaid phone.
    I would remove the unlockit from my phone and try it that way. This can actually disable you cellular data network sometimes which is usually for people who don't have data plans.
    Last edited by ihappy; 06-27-2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: added info

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ahh! Finally I found out the problem.

By some reason, AT&T know how to distinguish between a smartphone and a non-smartphone.

Data is included for non-smartphone.

What I did was:

1. Pay $5 for the 10MB datapackage for testing
    2. Changed APN for AT&T

So now 3G-surfing works perfectly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So now you have unlimited 3g? Or only 10mb?
    And its a one time thing or your gonna pay exta $5 per month?
    Thanx

Ahh! Finally I found out the problem.

By some reason, AT&T know how to distinguish between a smartphone and a non-smartphone.

Data is included for non-smartphone.

What I did was:

1. Pay $5 for the 10MB datapackage for testing
    2. Changed APN for AT&T

So now 3G-surfing works perfectly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes please help! i have the same problem..i have an iphone 4 on gophone with the $50 unlimited and i was hoping there is a wrok around for data with adding an extra data package...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As I said; Just add a Datapackage to the $50 Unlimitedpackage, and your iPhone 4 will work perfectly.

The reason I only did add 10MB, was to test if it worked. Now, I bought the 500MB-package!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As I said; Just add a Datapackage to the $50 Unlimitedpackage, and your iPhone 4 will work perfectly.

The reason I only did add 10MB, was to test if it worked. Now, I bought the 500MB-package!
    How much is the 500mb per month?
    And...
    Isnt it possible to surf on edge speed on the $50 unlimited?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

How much is the 500mb per month?
    And...
    Isnt it possible to surf on edge speed on the $50 unlimited?
    500MB is $25. You can keep 1500 MB on reserve/rollover.

I highly doubt disabling 3G will bypass the smartphone paywall. You would still need to buy a data package to use with a smartphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post

I highly doubt disabling 3G will bypass the smartphone paywall. You would still need to buy a data package to use with a smartphone.

Disabling 3G will NOT bypass the smartphone paywall.
    I have tried it, without success

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i ut added the 500mb feature,
    what is the best way to track my data usage?
    is there a keypad shortcut i can dial and get a text?
    or a cydia app?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default so
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post

so rollover applies to Data too? thats awesome!

Thanks

i too am trying to figure a work around for this. the plan states that using a smart phone will not alow the use of data and it would need to be purchased separately, " **Smartphone users: You may use your smartphone on all GoPhone plans. A data package is required separately to use any data services on your device. " ima do some testing to see what i can come up with.

ok i ut added the 500mb feature,
    what is the best way to track my data usage?
    is there a keypad shortcut i can dial and get a text?
    or a cydia app?

try this app from the app store called Onavo i havent used it yet but will soon be trying it out.
    Last edited by meberra; 07-03-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Thanks

Okay so i think i got it to work so far.... I'm using a iphone 4 jailbroken with redsnow0.9.6rc16, running 4.3.3. I called 611 and went to the new $50 month gophone plan. The automative system should ask if your using a smartphone or not, i selected No im not using a smartphone. I went through the set up and i also i added 100mb data plan just in case it didnt work. ive been using Onavo to compress the data i would be using. im mostly on wifi at work and at home through out the week. But when im not and i open apps that use data, after im done in them i completely close them from being on in the backgrond to use as little data as i can. This is Day 6 of being on the plan so i turned off wifi and watched a 21min vid on YouTube and a 12min vid. Afterwards i rebooted my phone and checked Onavo and it says ive saved 14.37mb out of using 107.11mb so far. I logged into my gophone account and it says i still have 102689kb which i started with from the beginning. So i called 611 to see what it would say, and the system keeps telling me i have 100.3mb left.

So by this test id say im unlimited, seeing how ive used 7.11 more MB than i had. Now im not sure if i start using data like i use to (pandora,youtube,web) if AT&T will catch on and cut me off.... but so far so good!
    How can i configure 3g data on iphone 4 gophone new  unlimited thats out today?-img_1493-1-.png

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im sure if u check now, you will see that you have less data. it usually takes a little time for the system to reflect recent usage :/

Quote Originally Posted by meberra View Post
    Okay so i think i got it to work so far.... I'm using a iphone 4 jailbroken with redsnow0.9.6rc16, running 4.3.3. I called 611 and went to the new $50 month gophone plan. The automative system should ask if your using a smartphone or not, i selected No im not using a smartphone. I went through the set up and i also i added 100mb data plan just in case it didnt work. ive been using Onavo to compress the data i would be using. im mostly on wifi at work and at home through out the week. But when im not and i open apps that use data, after im done in them i completely close them from being on in the backgrond to use as little data as i can. This is Day 6 of being on the plan so i turned off wifi and watched a 21min vid on YouTube and a 12min vid. Afterwards i rebooted my phone and checked Onavo and it says ive saved 14.37mb out of using 107.11mb so far. I logged into my gophone account and it says i still have 102689kb which i started with from the beginning. So i called 611 to see what it would say, and the system keeps telling me i have 100.3mb left.

So by this test id say im unlimited, seeing how ive used 7.11 more MB than i had. Now im not sure if i start using data like i use to (pandora,youtube,web) if AT&T will catch on and cut me off.... but so far so good!
    Attachment 535353

Thanks

Still going good. checked again today and calling 611 still says i have the 100.3MB and loging into my account online shows me at 102689kb. using Onavo shows ive used 147.66MB

How can i configure 3g data on iphone 4 gophone new  unlimited thats out today?-img_1557.png

Quote Originally Posted by jav172 View Post
    Im sure if u check now, you will see that you have less data. it usually takes a little time for the system to reflect recent usage :/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mann ur gonna have to tell me how u did it!!! Ive add data twice already and i cant keep payin..please please please lol

Quote Originally Posted by meberra View Post
    Still going good. checked again today and calling 611 still says i have the 100.3MB and loging into my account online shows me at 102689kb. using Onavo shows ive used 147.66MB

Attachment 537963

Thanks

I just did exactly what i posted above. idk maybe i got lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by jav172 View Post
    Mann ur gonna have to tell me how u did it!!! Ive add data twice already and i cant keep payin..please please please lol