+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can i configure 3g data on iphone 4 gophone new $50 unlimited thats out today?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So i would have to buy a dif sim card and do the process over the fone with a regular fone? Cuz i already have my iphone wit the $50
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So i would have to buy a dif sim card and do the process over the fone with a regular fone? Cuz i already have my iphone wit the $50 plan but i pay for data..sux man

Quote Originally Posted by meberra View Post
    I just did exactly what i posted above. idk maybe i got lucky.

Okay so i think i got it to work so far.... I'm using a iphone 4 jailbroken with redsnow0.9.6rc16, running 4.3.3. I called 611 and went to the new $50 month gophone plan. The automative system should ask if your using a smartphone or not, i selected No im not using a smartphone. I went through the set up and i also i added 100mb data plan just in case it didnt work. ive been using Onavo to compress the data i would be using. im mostly on wifi at work and at home through out the week. But when im not and i open apps that use data, after im done in them i completely close them from being on in the backgrond to use as little data as i can. This is Day 6 of being on the plan so i turned off wifi and watched a 21min vid on YouTube and a 12min vid. Afterwards i rebooted my phone and checked Onavo and it says ive saved 14.37mb out of using 107.11mb so far. I logged into my gophone account and it says i still have 102689kb which i started with from the beginning. So i called 611 to see what it would say, and the system keeps telling me i have 100.3mb left.

So by this test id say im unlimited, seeing how ive used 7.11 more MB than i had. Now im not sure if i start using data like i use to (pandora,youtube,web) if AT&T will catch on and cut me off.... but so far so good!
    Attachment 535353
    You can't have two APN profiles installed at once though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Okay so i think i got it to work so far.... I'm using a iphone 4 jailbroken with redsnow0.9.6rc16, running 4.3.3. I called 611 and went to the new $50 month gophone plan. The automative system should ask if your using a smartphone or not, i selected No im not using a smartphone. I went through the set up and i also i added 100mb data plan just in case it didnt work. ive been using Onavo to compress the data i would be using. im mostly on wifi at work and at home through out the week. But when im not and i open apps that use data, after im done in them i completely close them from being on in the backgrond to use as little data as i can. This is Day 6 of being on the plan so i turned off wifi and watched a 21min vid on YouTube and a 12min vid. Afterwards i rebooted my phone and checked Onavo and it says ive saved 14.37mb out of using 107.11mb so far. I logged into my gophone account and it says i still have 102689kb which i started with from the beginning. So i called 611 to see what it would say, and the system keeps telling me i have 100.3mb left.

So by this test id say im unlimited, seeing how ive used 7.11 more MB than i had. Now im not sure if i start using data like i use to (pandora,youtube,web) if AT&T will catch on and cut me off.... but so far so good!
    Attachment 535353
    Did you change APN settings? And does your iPhone need to be unlocked for this to work? I can't jailbreak my iPhone untethered cus I'm on 4.3.4 and I'm too lazy to downgrade so I'm really hoping you can still do this without ultrasn0w

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have iPhone4, 4.3.5 and I just signed up for $50 gophone plan and added 100MB of web. I have followed all the steps as far as APN changing goes. but the web is still not working. What do i need to do . What have I done wrong

Thanks

Well as of today my dada is no longer working. :-( it was fun while it lasted. I figured something was wrong cause yesterday I got a text message from 11113272609 which said, "AT&T Free Msg: Welcome to GoPhone! To learn more about GoPhone data & text messaging features, check your balance & refill your account go to att.com/mygophone". All that day my data was running really slow. I woke up today and it was shut off.

Thanks

They did this to me but if your an original iphone pickyourplan customer from feb08 with an iphone that matches your plan then you call back up and get someone in US,then explain your an original iphone and how its grandfathered and you can have them reinstate if you act fast... I did it the same day. It happened to me on june 27. and im now always worried around that time of the month...

I have been through almost every single jail break method imaginable. This would include reverting my iOS (which I was told was impossible) bricking my phone, un-bricking it... greenp0ison, redsnow pwnage tools... the list goes on... Ive done a bit of research...

Now Ive read of users taking the prepaid plan and jailbreaking iOS 4.x installing cydia and then yellowsn0w or ultrasn0w to unlock or anonmize your device. If there is a way to have your iPhone show as another device on the network or to mask your IMEI number maybe then I could perhaps see this working aside from that other then actually paying 25 dollars for 500 megs of usage (which I would use in under a week) I have not found a single work around... Im really hoping someone will come up with a cydia package that either anons your device or perhaps masks it as a non smart phone device... Im a little upset this doesnt work...

However good news for users with an iPhone in T-Mobile service area's... Your not affected by this. From what Ive expimiented with tmobile allows for the simple apn change workaround and everything works smoothly with their data plans.

On another note T-Mobile = worst service on the market and im not exactly in a metro area where the service works for me. Guess Ill be using wifi for a while

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can change the IMEI on the original iPhone ONLY. I am not telling you how or what program to use. The IMEI has to be a non-smart phone to use the included unlimited data sadly. If it worked for the iPhone 4 I would use AT&T Go-Phone service when I leave AT&T Wireless on October 2 with no ETF because of data throttling on my unlimited data plan. I will choose a new carrier when the next iPhone is released.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Not sure if anyone has tried this yet but I know that before when I was on the hipbone service to get around them restricting the data to my iphone I went to unlockit.co.nzamd instead of changing the apn to att I changed it to Cingular and all worked perfect I'm not sure if this still works for the new plan but figured someone might want to try it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The whole point of changing the APN on a AT&T unlimited gophone plan is to get unlimited data. I'm not sure why people are mentioning that if they add an additional data package to their plan they can now use data - well of course you can, you paid and added data. I've been using my 3gs with iOS 5 (and the previous iOS) with the modded APN on the $50 unlimited prepaid plan and data works randomly. I've added the APN through unlockit.co.nz for AT&T and Cingular and both work the same. I have to go in and out of airplane mode until I can refresh a page in safari. Its either that or restart my phone. It's kind of sketchy and I wish it worked more reliably. There's times data works for days in a row and other times only hours (depending if I lose signal or not). Also, if I switch on wifi, when I leave it and try to return to 3G it won't work.

I know that's a lot just to say data on the prepaid AT&T plan works randomly with changed APN. I hope someone has a solution for this problem or that AT&T will just allow unlimited data on smartphones again.

Thanks,
    J

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

An APN is used so the phone will allow access to data. Adding an APN isn't to gain access to unlimited data. For example, for T-Mobile, adding the APN internet2.voicestream.com allows access to data for users with the web2go 9.99 plan that used to exist. Using another APN for that particular plan, such as wap.voicestream.com or epc.tmobile.com does not allow access to data on the iPhone.

Your case, don't know why it does that. Could just be AT&T.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i.Annie

I understand that, I'm just speaking from the point that most info I found on the issue make it seem that by changing the APN on an iPhone on AT&T prepaid unlimited plan will allow unlimited data without having to purchase the additional data plan for smart phones. And like I said, it works irregularly. Not sure why it does this either. Anyway, thanks for the input. At this point I'm thinking of just switching to the $25/mo plan and adding the $25 data plan for smart phones. Figure I'll be paying the same and will be able to consistently access data (sparingly might I add) when away from wi-fi. I won't have unlimited minutes, but then again who talks that much on the phone these days anyway, right? ;0)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Hoping
    Has anyone found a solution? A hack? A cydia package to make data work on this plan?

iPhone? More like MyPhone sirbebe's Avatar
    Thanks

[I won't have unlimited minutes, but then again who talks that much on the phone these days anyway, right? ;0)[/QUOTE]

I too thought the same thing when I chose the cheapest plan they had wit 400 min but when I factored in free mobile to mobile any network and rollover minutes I noticed i never go over my minutes as a matter of fact i still have 480 min reserved.
    Black iPhone 4 32G jail-broken iOS 5.1 R.P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sirbebe View Post
    [I won't have unlimited minutes, but then again who talks that much on the phone these days anyway, right? ;0)
    I too thought the same thing when I chose the cheapest plan they had wit 400 min but when I factored in free mobile to mobile any network and rollover minutes I noticed i never go over my minutes as a matter of fact i still have 480 min reserved.[/QUOTE]

Is there an update to cracking website that hides the fact that you have iPhone? Or it pretty much still doesn't work?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12