Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
AT&Tforums, a part of the
I currently have an iPhone 4, which I purcahsed about 5 months ago. I was wondering about what are my choices if I were to upgrade to the iPhone 5....
05-09-2011, 07:12 PM #1Question about upgrading to iPhone 5
I currently have an iPhone 4, which I purcahsed about 5 months ago. I was wondering about what are my choices if I were to upgrade to the iPhone 5.
I remember hearing that even though the early upgrade fee is $400, (or maybe even $450 now [I read about AT&T hiking the fees]), that AT&T allowed people within the FIRST TWO weeks of a new iPhone release to get it for $200, regardless of plan. Of course, a new 2 year plan would have to be signed, which I am okay with.
I am wondering how much I would have to pay if I got the iPhone 5. Is it $200 or $450 or $300 or $500 or what?
Please only answer if you know for sure. Thanks!
05-09-2011, 09:53 PM #2
Why would you ask about something that's not even out yet?
05-09-2011, 10:03 PM #3
Yeah its a little hard with not having the product out if we go off the history tho you will probably have to pay 450 or 550 with an early upgrade
05-09-2011, 11:48 PM #4
Wait for a release date, i made the mistake of signing a 2 year contract when i should have waited, but by the time the iPhone 5 comes out i can save up enough to buy one outright unlocked from Apple. i'm not really in a hurry to get it from my iPhone 4 so best idea would be save up some money and wait it out and buy a unlocked one, why would you pay $400+ and update your 2 year contract along with another $200-$300 for the iPhone 4, possibly paying the same as buying a new one outright.
Paying $600-$700 for one with AT&T on a new 2 year contract or...
Paying $600-$700 for one without a new contract?
So save up some money and buy it outright imo.
05-10-2011, 12:08 AM #5
05-11-2011, 08:50 AM #6
From what heard there is really no set date for the iPhone 5... At least according to my massive google searches but I heard they are having some issues with iOS5 beta.. So maybe a possible delay?
05-11-2011, 10:46 AM #7
Isn't it usually if you havent reached at least 1 year there's no discount and you buy for retail? And if you've got 1 year into the contract, it's got a slight discount. And then with two years full you get the full discounted price. So I think if it's one year it would look to be partially discounted from full retail. But to me that's not enough to upgrade and extend my contract.
05-18-2011, 06:37 PM #8
06-09-2011, 09:31 AM #9
No one knows about iPhone 5 upgrading since it's unreleased. all of this is speculation. sorry to sound like a troll xD