+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about upgrading to iPhone 5

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I currently have an iPhone 4, which I purcahsed about 5 months ago. I was wondering about what are my choices if I were to upgrade to the iPhone 5.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Question about upgrading to iPhone 5
    I currently have an iPhone 4, which I purcahsed about 5 months ago. I was wondering about what are my choices if I were to upgrade to the iPhone 5.

I remember hearing that even though the early upgrade fee is $400, (or maybe even $450 now [I read about AT&T hiking the fees]), that AT&T allowed people within the FIRST TWO weeks of a new iPhone release to get it for $200, regardless of plan. Of course, a new 2 year plan would have to be signed, which I am okay with.

I am wondering how much I would have to pay if I got the iPhone 5. Is it $200 or $450 or $300 or $500 or what?

Please only answer if you know for sure. Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Why would you ask about something that's not even out yet?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,808 Times in 2,187 Posts

Yeah its a little hard with not having the product out if we go off the history tho you will probably have to pay 450 or 550 with an early upgrade
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks
    Wait for a release date, i made the mistake of signing a 2 year contract when i should have waited, but by the time the iPhone 5 comes out i can save up enough to buy one outright unlocked from Apple. i'm not really in a hurry to get it from my iPhone 4 so best idea would be save up some money and wait it out and buy a unlocked one, why would you pay $400+ and update your 2 year contract along with another $200-$300 for the iPhone 4, possibly paying the same as buying a new one outright.

Paying $600-$700 for one with AT&T on a new 2 year contract or...
    Paying $600-$700 for one without a new contract?

So save up some money and buy it outright imo.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tokioh View Post
    Wait for a release date, i made the mistake of signing a 2 year contract when i should have waited, but by the time the iPhone 5 comes out i can save up enough to buy one outright unlocked from Apple. i'm not really in a hurry to get it from my iPhone 4 so best idea would be save up some money and wait it out and buy a unlocked one, why would you
    pay $400+ and update your 2 year contract along with another $200-$300 for the iPhone 4, possibly paying the
    same as buying a new one outright.

Paying $600-$700 for one with
    AT&T on a new 2 year contract or...
    Paying $600-$700 for one without a new contract?

So save up some money and buy it outright imo.
    its not 400+phone price its $450 for early upgrade including phone in the $450 for 16gb and $550 for 32gb

Green Apple
    Thanks

From what heard there is really no set date for the iPhone 5... At least according to my massive google searches but I heard they are having some issues with iOS5 beta.. So maybe a possible delay?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

Isn't it usually if you havent reached at least 1 year there's no discount and you buy for retail? And if you've got 1 year into the contract, it's got a slight discount. And then with two years full you get the full discounted price. So I think if it's one year it would look to be partially discounted from full retail. But to me that's not enough to upgrade and extend my contract.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Isn't it usually if you havent reached at least 1 year there's no discount and you buy for retail? And if you've got 1 year into the contract, it's got a slight discount. And then with two years full you get the full discounted price. So I think if it's one year it would look to be partially discounted from full retail. But to me that's not enough to upgrade and extend my contract.
    kinda depends on if you have an upgrade coming to you as well. I just got my GF a 3gs at the $50 price point on the upgrade for my line. all I can say is, check your account upgrade avaiblity:P

Green Apple
    Thanks

No one knows about iPhone 5 upgrading since it's unreleased. all of this is speculation. sorry to sound like a troll xD