+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Prepaid GoPhone Carrier Bundle - try this!

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, Dealing with GoPhone myself I decided to make a carrier.plist file for it (iOS 4.0). Everything works, including FaceTime activation and voicemail access. There are two versions, one
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default AT&T Prepaid GoPhone Carrier Bundle - try this!
    Hey guys,

Dealing with GoPhone myself I decided to make a carrier.plist file for it (iOS 4.0). Everything works, including FaceTime activation and voicemail access. There are two versions, one that allows data and one that does not (MMS still works, however). Use the latter to avoid accidental charges. Additionally, if you go to the AT&T GoPhone Services menu under Settings->Phone, some neat links are there for you. This works with both Pay as You Go and Pick Your Plan.

***NOTE: If you plan on using this iPhone with a contracted AT&T plan as well, BE SURE TO BACK UP THE CARRIER.PLIST FILE THAT WAS ORIGINALLY THERE. I've attached it in case you lost it for OS 4.1.

To install: First of all, your iPhone must be jailbroken (it does not have to be unlocked if the iPhone is from ATT ). Install this patch on your phone to allow unsigned carrier bundles. SSH into your iPhone or get the desired file onto your phone somehow and use iFile. Rename the one you want to use to carrier.plist and replace the carrier.plist file in \System\Library\Carrier Bundles\ATT_us.bundle\.
    You can also install with this method.

IMPORTANT: Then, go into Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings (note this will erase remembered Wi-Fi hotspots). Your phone will reboot and will operate seamlessly with GoPhone service.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ssdsnake; 04-01-2011 at 02:30 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ssdsnake For This Useful Post:

GreenMonster (04-03-2011)

Thanks

Thanks !! I've been trying to figure out how to do the same thing for my Gophone/iPhone and didn't know that I had to install Wortel's CommCenter Patch.

Banned
    Thanks

i have unlocked my iPhone with iPhone Magic - iPhone Mode Unlock , iPhone Tips. Try it yourself

Thanks

I'm waiting for gevey sim, does this mean don't need that. I'm a iPhone original pick your plan. Unlimited 60$ with Newer sim. I cut with noosy.

I tried to just swap sim cards with this AT&T iPhone 4 I now have from craigslist. But no calls or data worked. Just had wifi only. So I swapped back to original until I figure how to graduate to i4.

Is this my fix. Or should I still wait for sim interposer.