+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TetherMe? Can it be detected?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
TetherMe? Dynamically enables native tethering for iOS3.X and iOS4.X+ devices. This should work on any carrier without the need for customized bundles or preferences. NOTE: You MAY need to reboot
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

Default TetherMe? Can it be detected?
    TetherMe?

Dynamically enables native tethering for iOS3.X and iOS4.X+ devices. This should work on any carrier without the need for customized bundles or preferences. NOTE: You MAY need to reboot your iDevice if upon installation or removal cellular service does not return.

TetherMe has been tested to work on all iOS versions from 3.0 to 4.0.1 and works by telling the iPhone to allow tethering on any APN that is used for iPhone data. As a result, you should not be charged extra from your phone company as all tethering data appears to come from the phone itself.

TetherMe also bypasses signature checking and allows you to edit your carrier bundle manually if you so desire. This is required to enable MMS functionality on T-Mobile. TetherMe does NOT enable the loading of APN configurations from .mobileconfig profiles at this time.

This method should work on every carrier without any additional user interaction; however, if you decide to tether without your carrier's knowledge and they find out, we will not assume responsibility for any additional charges or fees incurred.
    Its different from MyWi and I have read the only ones getting the At&t letters/Texts are the MyWi people.

So is it safer then MyWi?

Green Apple
    Thanks

So far I havent had any issues, been using it since my 3g and now i4 phones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was using TetherMe when I got the text from at&t. I'm not a heavy user. I was using between 3 to 5 gigs a month. I use PDAnet now and have not had another text from at&t yet.