+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone GoPhone

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Redsn0w here's a link and guide. Jailbreak iPhone 4.3.2 on Windows and Mac Using Redsn0w 0.9.6 [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie That is the guide.^ Download iOS 4.3.1 for iPhone 4,
    Thanks
    Redsn0w here's a link and guide.

Jailbreak iPhone 4.3.2 on Windows and Mac Using Redsn0w 0.9.6 [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie
    That is the guide.^
    Download iOS 4.3.1 for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 2, iPad, iPod touch [Direct Links] | Redmond Pie
    That is to download 4.3.1 for the first step in redsn0w^
    Dev-Team Blog
    That is for redsn0w^

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tokioh For This Useful Post:

catix (05-15-2011)

Thanks

Jailbroken now with Cydia. But it won't recognize, my mywi $19.99 purchase after logging in as well as it says that mi time is not available to work with an att sim

Thanks

Also It updated firmware to 4.3.2 but Cydia says my shsh is still 4.2.1. If that's worth noting. Even though mytime says it's good up till 4.3.1 FW

Thanks
    Not too sure about MyWi I've never used it.
    If anything post in the jail breaking section of the site or google it.

Thanks

I had to add my new imem for the iphone to have app work on it. Nice lady at mywi helped me do just that on her end

Thanks
    Awesome! Glad to hear you got it fixed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do not use at&t network when using iphone. They don't support iphone in prepaid. It will charge you a lot for data access. . Iphone has auto update too so if you're in prepaid,, charges from balance will take place. remember, it's 00.01 per kb. . they don't base it on mins or seconds access,, Either swith to contract or use wi-fi. be sure to turn off network first,

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so i cant get prepaid data on my iphone from go phone?

Thanks
    cusromerRULES

do not use at&t network when using iphone. They don't support iphone in prepaid. It will charge you a lot for data access. . Iphone has auto update too so if you're in prepaid,, charges from balance will take place. remember, it's 00.01 per kb. . they don't base it on mins or seconds access,, Either swith to contract or use wi-fi. be sure to turn off network first,
    False, you can use the iPhone in AT&T's prepaid network. I used it for almost 6+ months without a problem. The iPhone does have push notifications but i showed a way to disable data and disable the 00.01kb data usage being charged. And how to turn data back on if you use a data package. No need for a contract don't spread false information scaring people. The iPhone of ANY! generation (1g, 2g, 3g, 3gs, and 4 (Current)) can be used on the AT&T gophone network flawlessly. (my mom runs her 3GS on the AT&T gophone network currently)
    xTankx

so i cant get prepaid data on my iphone from go phone?
    You can the above poster was misinformed. Follow the guide and you will be using your iPhone in no time on the AT&T gophone network.

Thanks

Yes it all works great up to the point when att shuts it off and i have to go back to original iphone, Call customer service and have service restored to function with iphone. Reps say no pick your plan with iphone. Then i have them
    Read my account where it says iphone 2g pyp. 1out of ten understand and restore it.., and its usually the guy from texas because the six guys from india had no clue and were reading from the same script.

Facetime is no go. I pay for iphone plan with message starter plan 200. Not a plan with multimedia messaging. So no video or whatnot within text either

Green Apple
    Thanks

I read the guide from the OP and I have a few questions. I have a 3GS with the prepaid plan working. I added data on the plan but its not working. It doesnt even give me the option to go to the screen to change the apn. The phone is locked to att and not jailbroken.

"If you add the data pack to your account you will not need to do the APN change."

I added the data pack and as mentioned above it doesn't work. Do I need to jailbreak it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just today purchased the go phone, got minutes, activated the phone, everything about the go phone is working right...The sim card didn't work in my Iphone 3gs. It's running 4.3.5. I jailbroke it, unlocked it, still no go. It certainly sees the card, but doesn't know to connect. I followed the directions as best I could, so I'm wondering, what's wrong? Is it my firmware? I don't see anyone else toting the newest one on here.
    Last edited by groveborn; 08-27-2011 at 05:02 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by groveborn View Post
    I just today purchased the go phone, got minutes, activated the phone, everything about the go phone is working right...The sim card didn't work in my Iphone 3gs.
    So the SIM works in the GoPhone but not your iPhone... Sounds to me like your SIM is one of the locked-down orange GoPhone SIMs. Those won't work in anything but the device it came with for a period of time...

I'd try to get to a store to look into a replacement (don't get another GoPhone SIM, but a blue-white at&t one) and use that. Or wait until the lockdown is done, which might be anywhere from 30-90 days.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    So the SIM works in the GoPhone but not your iPhone... Sounds to me like your SIM is one of the locked-down orange GoPhone SIMs. Those won't work in anything but the device it came with for a period of time...

I'd try to get to a store to look into a replacement (don't get another GoPhone SIM, but a blue-white at&t one) and use that. Or wait until the lockdown is done, which might be anywhere from 30-90 days.
    Yep, it's orange. Sounds easy.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 Times in 4,206 Posts

Spam^^^^

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default It's working
    I bought a Mint condition iPhone 4 16gb for $350(Locked, AT&T 4.3.5)on ebay, and an $11 gophone at walmart. Activated the gophone on AT&T website, picked the $2 per day plan and the $15 for 100mb data. Got the SIM card out of the gophone, cut it to fit the iphone 4. Downloaded unlockit.co.nz on the iPhone via WiFi and set it to WAP.Cingular. Phone works perfectly. Calls, Texts and Data on 3G. Admittedly only a 100mb allowance for $15, but I have broadband at home and almost everywere I go I get WiFi from xfinity (home internet service) so I'm set.
    So everyone that wants a iphone prepaid, I say GO FOR IT. As a nursing student going through clinicals the iPhone has become indispensible for me, instead of logging around 20 different physician desktop reference and Rx books I have a little device on my scrub pocket. As the plan is $2 per day and I only use it 4 days a week it ends up being @$35 per month, HOW can you beat that?

On a different note, RIP Steve Jobs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I agree, the gophone is a great way to go, especially for those who don't talk much like me.
    I have my 3gs set up currently with the 100mb plan also. Having wifi at home I mostly use the 3g
    while at work to quickly look things up or while at my son's soccer practice. To save even more
    money you could set up Google Voice on it, and use that for texting so that you only use a tiny
    bit of data per text sent rather than 20 cents for each one sent or recieved.

The Google Voice method is really working well for me after starting to get spam and wrong number
    texts that are eating away at my balance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question unlocked or locked iphone?
    does it need to be an locked iphone or an unlocked iphone

Quote Originally Posted by Tokioh View Post
    Guide to turn your old iPhone into a pay as you go GoPhone

This will show the following.
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 3g and 3gs

-iPhone 3g & 3gs-
    This ones very simple.

First get a gophone from your local store
    AT&T GoPhone Prepaid Samsung A107 - $14.99
    Call AT&T and activate the sim on the gophone add some money to your account and make a quick test call on the cheap gophone to see if it works

After that pop open your sim slot on top of your iphone with a paper clip or a pin of some sort like so-

Now place the sim into the iPhone sim bay following the groves in the sim bay slot and pop it back in, look for the AT&T logo at the top corner and make a test call.

After that works hop on your Wifi network and go to Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone and touch "Disable data - Fake APN" this will stop the 1C per K/B used

If you add the data pack to your account you will not need to do the APN change.

After this you should be set to go and use your iPhone 3g or 3gs

-iPhone 4-
    This ones a bit harder but worth it.

You will need one of the following
    -Micro sim cutter $8.99
    -pre-activated micro sim on ebay $4.99

The pre-activated sim is easier to get and is alot faster.
    But if you alredy have a full size sim and have activated or have one from your old gophone you can use the sim cutter to cut it down to size. (make sure you cut the sim the right way not backwards or upside down)

Open the sim slot in your iPhone 4 with a paper clip or a pin like so-

Add your new micro sim and add time and test it with a phone call.

Now you have 2 choices, data or no data.
    Data will cost more and if you go over you can find yourself in alot of trouble with the 1C per 5KB

Without data you can use data stuff via wifi and MMS will work without wifi but you will not be able to use data when you do not have wifi

To add data just add the feature package on the gophone website and your ready to go, no APN change needed.

If you do not want data change your APN like so by going to Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone and selecting "Custom APN" and making it the following

Name: Fakeapn
    Username: <Blank>
    Password: <Blank>
    Carrier: <Blank>

After that your iPhone 4 should be set and ready to go.

Any questions? post below and i will be glad to answer and help!

UPDATE!
    at&t has added a new data plan for the gophone service.
    * $.01 for 5KB (not available for smartphone plans)
    * $5 for 10 MB
    * $15 for 100 MB
    * $25 for 500 MB
    $25 for half a gig isn't too bad for a extremely light user.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would like to understand the instructions for the 3gs iPhone. I have a gophone account sim and have had it for some time and it works only for talk and text but NOT data--it never has and I would love to know how to make this work.

I have attempted to sign up for a pay as you go data plan but that is not allowed on the iPhone- one of the big issues I have with AT&T--why does it matter to them-it's still DATA and you're still paying for it but they just won't add it.

I did purchase a GoPhone but never activated it. I simply put my current gophone sim that I have been using in my iPhone in the new gophone I purchase and it works for talk-text and data surfing the web. BUT when I place that sim back in my iPhone, no data.

I have reset the network settings, run the APN changer, turned on 3G, Cellular data and roaming but it will not allow me to surf the web or get email using my iPhone. I did a power cycle on the phone but data will still not work as you have stated in the above settings that it does work for you.

Please tell me how you set this up on the iPhone 3Gs--I can't get it to work. I do not have a data plan but remember, the gophone sim in the iPhone allows me to have data if I place it in the GoPhone I purchased--so that sim is not prevented from data usage.

Any assistance you can give me would be much appreciated as I have read in this forum that others have somehow gotten this to work AFTER they purchased a DATA plan. But remember they know if you have a smartphone from the IMEI and will NOT sell you a datplan--so what is the work-around please?

Thanks so very much for any comments and feedback!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a 3g iphone update os to os5 and It is pay as you go 2$ a day and ive been trying to get
    my data to work ive try unlock.co.nz It installed it but each time i open a website it wont open up and gives me and error any idea how to fix this?