+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4, switching to ATNT but.. Need help quick

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm on tmobile prepaid and been waiting for the unlock, I'm thinking about switching to ATNT to avoid having to deal with unlocks. However, I don't want to pay slot
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4, switching to ATNT but.. Need help quick
    I'm on tmobile prepaid and been waiting for the unlock, I'm thinking about switching to ATNT to avoid having to deal with unlocks.

However, I don't want to pay slot for a plan. I was reviewing the prepaid plans ATNT has and I'm only interested in the Simple Rate plan @ 10cents a minute and 20 for the texting (I only use texting)

So how do I switch?
    I know to buy a microsim for ATNT but can I buy one of eBay? What does it have to say cuz I seen some that say "inactive" or something like that

Secondly, will it even work with iPhone 4? I don't wanna waste money trying.

Thanks and please respond

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I am unsure myself how to get pre-paid accounts working so hope someone will chime in on that for ya. If I have time later I will look it up. But as for sim you could always just cut one down. Not that hard and best to have a test one to make sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

yea itll work just make sure if you get a sim its not the orange front sim but the blue as the orange ones are locked to the phone it was purchased with for 6 months so just go to the att store and ask for a sim theyll give you one for free(at least they do where im from)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Some do but other times they charge you. Depends on if it is a corp store or retail. Also on the mood of the people too.

Thanks

^^true, thats why i added well at least they do where im from lol never know tho till you ask op might save a couple bucks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So buy one of these? This one doesn't work anymore due to inactivity
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 4, switching to ATNT but.. Need help quick-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All I see on eBay are the orange colored ones. Those won't work?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeknathy View Post
    All I see on eBay are the orange colored ones. Those won't work?
    i know the orange colored ones are locked for six months with the phone they get activated with and they wont let you activate a iphone on a prepaid account so you would have to use a different imei number to activate it, but i could be wrong so dont hold me to it just buy one and try it out but the pic you had with the micro sim card you need one that has the same color and look as it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The one sim card I have came with the iPhone 4 when I bought if off someone. I tried activating it but I think it doesnt work since it hasn't been used in a while and I think the person had canceled their account for that sim. Is there anything I can do to use it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The one sim card I have came with the iPhone 4 when I bought if off someone. I tried activating it but I think it doesnt work since it hasn't been used in a while and I think the person had canceled their account for that sim. Is there anything I can do to use it?
    Probably not, especially if you believe it has been used on another account before.
    It'd be best if you go grab a SIM from an at&t store, IMHO. At least then you'll know it hasn't been used before

Like the above posters said, don't get an orange-colored SIM and find a way to get a MicroSIM or means to cut down a 'regular' SIM.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GenesisDH For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (03-11-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm on tmobile prepaid and been waiting for the unlock, I'm thinking about switching to ATNT to avoid having to deal with unlocks.

However, I don't want to pay slot for a plan. I was reviewing the prepaid plans ATNT has and I'm only interested in the Simple Rate plan @ 10cents a minute and 20 for the texting (I only use texting)

So how do I switch?
    I know to buy a microsim for ATNT but can I buy one of eBay? What does it have to say cuz I seen some that say "inactive" or something like that

Secondly, will it even work with iPhone 4? I don't wanna waste money trying.

Thanks and please respond
    Yes buy one off eBay I bought one and the person activates it for you with a phone number on your area already you just have to buy credit if you want I'll give you the eBay user info .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah please give me the link to the eBay thing, cuz I'm having trouble finding one that isn't orange