+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any chance of lowering my bill?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My wife and I both have iphone 4's with grandfathered unlimited data, 700 anytime, and unlimited family text. Our bill is around $160/mo. I would really like to lower this.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Any chance of lowering my bill?
    My wife and I both have iphone 4's with grandfathered unlimited data, 700 anytime, and unlimited family text. Our bill is around $160/mo. I would really like to lower this. We only use at most 400 min per month. Anyone have any thoughts on how to lower the monthly?
    -J

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

tried talking to your operator and asking if they're willing to do a mid contract alteration?
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

check with your work email to see if you qualify for a service discount.

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The lowest family plan is the 550 minute plan, but that is only $10 less than the plan you're on now. Not really a savings. Two more problems w/ your situation:
    1) They tend to deny accounts from going to a lower priced plan while any line is under a contract. I had this happen when I was on a family plan with my family.
    2) If they do allow you to change plans, they might remove your unlimited data plans from your account permanently.

You could always look into one of the texting apps, such as TextFree, instead of the carrier's messaging plans. That would definitely save you money. The service discount option posted above this post is probably you're next best bet after that.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Thanks

Here's what I've set up for a friend who couldnt afford his iPhone 4 ne more. I took his micro sim called att told them I wanted to add an iPad on my account, gave them the sim #, they activated it. So then I took this sim with unlimited data and put in his iPhone 4. Set up a google voice account, downloaded google voice app and talkatone from app store. Gv SMS extensions and bitesms from cydia. Set everything up he can make receive calls txt just like everyone else just no mms all for $30 a month. Been like that 3 months now no problems.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    Here's what I've set up for a friend who couldnt afford his iPhone 4 ne more. I took his micro sim called att told them I wanted to add an iPad on my account, gave them the sim #, they activated it. So then I took this sim with unlimited data and put in his iPhone 4. Set up a google voice account, downloaded google voice app and talkatone from app store. Gv SMS extensions and bitesms from cydia. Set everything up he can make receive calls txt just like everyone else just no mms all for $30 a month. Been like that 3 months now no problems.
    Unless I'm mistaken, the OP seems to be under contract, which this wouldn't really work as that would require them to cancel the OP's account and incur an ETF/line (which would be upwards of $350/line for smartphones).
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave