+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 AT&T plan

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey I wanted to get a line with AT&T and they said I have to pay $500 dollars to open a line with them. I already have the iPhone 4
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 AT&T plan
    Hey I wanted to get a line with AT&T and they said I have to pay $500 dollars to open a line with them. I already have the iPhone 4 I'm gonna use so why to I have to pay $500 ? Help please

What's Jailbreak? elchicorompec's Avatar
    Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elchicorompec View Post
    4.21 can tht get unlocked

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhone-214 View Post
    Hey I wanted to get a line with AT&T and they said I have to pay $500 dollars to open a line with them. I already have the iPhone 4 I'm gonna use so why to I have to pay $500 ? Help please
    If you have the iPhone all ready you don't need to pay the deposit... That is in case you want a need phone.. Go to a store and say you want to activate a postpaid accout without contract and they will activate you... I used to work for AT&T for 5 years...

What's Jailbreak? elchicorompec's Avatar
    Thanks
    no

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elchicorompec View Post
    no
    No what!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradeimos View Post
    If you have the iPhone all ready you don't need to pay the deposit... That is in case you want a need phone.. Go to a store and say you want to activate a postpaid accout without contract and they will activate you... I used to work for AT&T for 5 years...
    Oh ok so it's called postpaid and why did they tell me They had to run a credit check??

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradeimos View Post
    I would disagree, especially now with how bad many people's credit reports are due to the economy. at&t's not into giving people service without something in return...
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhone-214 View Post
    Oh ok so it's called postpaid and why did they tell me They had to run a credit check??
    Unless you're going prepaid (GoPhone, H2O, etc), you will be subject to a credit check and/or deposit. This is because a postpaid account is similar to a line of credit, credit card or other 'bill me later' service. You aren't usually paying up front for your service, it gets billed to you after-the-fact. That would require you to have good credit or a means of collateral (deposit).

Postpaid service can be w/ or w/out a contract or commitment. A contract is only related to the purchase of equipment in this case.

That's pretty much all there is to it.

If at&t told you that you had to pay $500 deposit once, then try again and see if it was just a misinterpreting of your credit report. If they say it repeatedly, then it's not anything you can control.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave