+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: att loophole for unlimited data (in progress) need help

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hey guys so ive been reading about this loophole for the past few days now and i wanna make sure i do it right sooooo today i went into the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default att loophole for unlimited data (in progress) need help
    hey guys so ive been reading about this loophole for the past few days now and i wanna make sure i do it right sooooo

today i went into the att store and got a sim card for my iphone 1st gen and activated it via itunes, i got the 200 text with unlimited data for 20 a month.

looked at MYwireless and it still shows that i have a 2gb plan (assuming it hasnt updated yet)

wats the next step i need to take here?

i seen in a post someone said it doesnt work with the microsim anymore? can someone elaborate on some of this for me

THANK YOU! hope this helps serve someone else who may have questions about the subject.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,923 Posts

Wait and see. They might catch it later on and switch you back though.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ehh honestly i dont mind if they switch it back or not just wanted to jump on the boat while u still can and pray for the best :P

can anyone explain wat i have to do to get the unlimited onto my iphone 4 now?

its currently active on my 1st gen just curious on how exactly i have to take the next step here

Thanks

Well like I said, wait for it to show up. See if it does, it might take time. Actually it might take until your current billing cycle ends before it sticks on to your plan.

Green Apple
    Thanks

how were people doing it within like 3 days to a week? >_<

Thanks

Because their billing cycle is different? I mean if you add a feature, it isn't going to show up right away because each billing cycle has to start over for things to add. If my billing cycle ends on the 17th, it is currently the 22nd so I'd have to wait till next month on the 17th to see a change. If my billing cycle ends on the 23rd, and I change it today, it will start tomorrow bc the billing cycle has restarted.

Green Apple
    Thanks

oh ok gotcha gotcha mine is on the 23rd aswell lol. does the feature kick in before the next billing cycle or does it stay the same until the next?

Thanks

Since you did it before the 23rd, it should show up by that time (if it worked)

Edit: sorry that wasn't clear. If you did it today or yesterday, any time before tomorrow, it should show up tomorrow if it worked.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 02-21-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

I think part of the reason the change was so quickly was because they got the At&t reps to do in store or via the phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

hmm, with the instore thing they told me id have to do it via itunes, but right now im on the phone with them and they are helping me.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

What ever happened did it never show up until your new billing cycle? I'm curious because I did the same thing but my billing cycle doesn't end until the 6th.

Green Apple
    Thanks

oh sorry, just seen the message now

it did not work for me via itunes. I had to call att and have them manually add it to my plan (told them my iphone 4 was out for repair) the data plan i had was the 2gb data plan for 3G, the 2g uses edge data "i didnt want to go over my data because of the difference and needed it changed"

they will then change it and u go get a microsim and call them back saying u just received ur iphone 4 again and would like to adjust ur data plan to the 30 dollar a month plan.

It will show up automatically after the manually change it.

when i tried to do it through itunes i would get an email saying the activation was cancelled.