+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 prepaid help

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by iPhone-214 Oh ok I just customize the apn with unlockitz and when ever I want To send a mms turn on the cellular data on right can
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhone-214 View Post
    Oh ok I just customize the apn with unlockitz and when ever I want
    To send a mms turn on the cellular data on right can u put up a pic of u sending a mms please
    That's how u change it?

^iphone 4 with 4.2.1 jailbroken with green poison on AT&T $2 a day sending a MMS

^ The APN im using. you need a "custom APN" and just leave everything blank but the username as something like "FAKEAPN" or whatever. been working for months.

Will turn off data so you dont get nailed for the 1 cent per KB but gives you MMS, some apps will destroy your account balance if you have the data working.
    Last edited by Tokioh; 03-04-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tokioh View Post

^iphone 4 with 4.2.1 jailbroken with green poison on AT&T $2 a day sending a MMS

^ The APN im using. you need a "custom APN" and just leave everything blank but the username as something like "FAKEAPN" or whatever. been working for months.

Will turn off data so you dont get nailed for the 1 cent per KB but gives you MMS, some apps will destroy your account balance if you have the data working.
    Oh ok I won't jailbreak mine so will it still work? Also will the camera thing just appear cause right now without a sim it doesn't appear. Sorry I'm just new

Thanks
    Oh ok I won't jailbreak mine so will it still work? Also will the camera thing just appear cause right now without a sim it doesn't appear. Sorry I'm just new
    Yeah it worked before i jail broke my iPhone.
    It will appear after, even if your phones locked to AT&T you can just cut the AT&T sim down and pop it in and make the fake APN and enjoy.

Don't try to cut your sim down with a knife ive ran through 4 sims doing that, use a sim cutter there like $10 and saves you a ton of time and money.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah it worked before i jail broke my iPhone.
    It will appear after, even if your phones locked to AT&T you can just cut the AT&T sim down and pop it in and make the fake APN and enjoy.

Don't try to cut your sim down with a knife ive ran through 4 sims doing that, use a sim cutter there like $10 and saves you a ton of time and money.
    Yea I bought one off on eBay I didn't want to go through all that work and when I get my microsim I'll contact you back to tell you the results also thanks alot!!!! You help me alot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 4 prepaid help-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Thanks
    No prob glad to help, send me a PM if you need anymore help with anything! enjoy your iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No prob glad to help, send me a PM if you need anymore help with anything! enjoy your iPhone.
    Yea I will and thankyou again! And I will enjoy it keep enjoying yours.

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

the simple way to get at&t prepaid on the iphone is buying a new sim card off eBay.

They cost like $1-$3. Activate on at&t prepaid website with a random IMEI number. Then just select the plan you want and pop the sim in and you should be ready to go.

You don't need to change anything for mms to work.
    You don't need to be jailbroken either.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lolztheInternet View Post
    the simple way to get at&t prepaid on the iphone is buying a new sim card off eBay.

They cost like $1-$3. Activate on at&t prepaid website with a random IMEI number. Then just select the plan you want and pop the sim in and you should be ready to go.

You don't need to change anything for mms to work.
    You don't need to be jailbroken either.
    If you don't change the MMS settings you will get nailed for te horible 1 cent per kb for mms msgs even if it's included. Well for the iPhone 4 atleast.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you don't change the MMS settings you will get nailed for te horible 1 cent per kb for mms msgs even if it's included. Well for the iPhone 4 atleast.
    Oh ok so I do for the iPhone 4

Thanks
    Some apps will run your bill up like mad with the 1c per KB i used the APN so i can use any app on wifi and data wont be used when not around wifi the app or internet just wont work but MMS still works

Green Apple
    Thanks

Some apps will run your bill up like mad with the 1c per KB i used the APN so i can use any app on wifi and data wont be used when not around wifi the app or internet just wont work but MMS still works
    If I have it like that will I still be able to send mms?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 4 prepaid help-imageuploadedbymodmyi.jpg  

Green Apple
    Thanks

Or like this to send mms?

Thanks
    Or like this to send mms?
    No, turn cell data on, otherwise you will almost send it and show a red "!" and wont finish sending, turn the cell data on and then make sure you have the APN changed,

Quote Originally Posted by DRFP View Post
    I'm not convinced that this will work for long since the At&t system can tell what phone you are using.

Also if you get the data to work and do not have a Smart phone data plan they charge $2 a MB ( happened to my son by mistake Thank God At&t fixed it) I think Go phone is a temp solution not a permanent.
    If they can tell they sure as hell don't care about me. Started using my iphone 4 in the start of January and it's working fine for me, calling people all day texting and sending MMS using wifi at home and im loving it, a whole $60 a month and i can use a iphone 4 all i want, just use data at home. i think all they did was turn data off on my account.

Green Apple
    Thanks

No, turn cell data on, otherwise you will almost send it and show a red "!" and wont finish sending, turn the cell data on and then make sure you have the APN changed,

If they can tell they sure as hell don't care about me. Started using my iphone 4 in the start of January and it's working fine for me, calling people all day texting and sending MMS using wifi at home and im loving it, a whole $60 a month and i can use a iphone 4 all i want, just use data at home. i think all they did was turn data off on my account.
    Oh ok only turn it on when I'm going to send or receive or let it be on

Thanks

Hey I have a question I have doubt can the iPhone 4 work with the $60 dollars prepaid plan? I herd you could u just have to cut the sim but will mms work? Also if you done it how? Please help me thanks
    yes you can...i've been using with iphone 3g 3gs and now with iphone 4
    so the answer is yes my friend.
    of course you have to trim the simcard to fit on iphone 4...

Thanks
    Oh ok only turn it on when I'm going to send or receive or let it be on
    Just leave it on. mines been left on for about 2 months now no problems.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just leave it on. mines been left on for about 2 months now no problems.
    Oh but the apps don't charge u

Thanks
    Only if you dont have the fake APN, if you have the APN you dont get charged.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Oh ok I just got my sim now I'm gonna put credit then I just change the APN and I'll let u know what happens

Green Apple
    Thanks

How do I change it? Please help