+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No contract iPhone 4 but AT&T keep charging data plan

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Question for everyone, I bought my Dad and iPhone 4 full price $599 no contract and I added him onto my family plan. But att keep charging me $25 for
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default No contract iPhone 4 but AT&T keep charging data plan
    Question for everyone, I bought my Dad and iPhone 4 full price $599 no contract and I added him onto my family plan. But att keep charging me $25 for data which my dad doesnt used and say he has the iPhone and the system automatic add it on. My question is; did att document somewhere that if u on the network with smart phone u have to have dataplan? I want to take them to court!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 808 Posts

yes its in the terms and conditions

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Unless...
    If you have a smart phone you MAY NOT have to have a data plan IF you have an old contract.
    I have 5 lines. I have no data on any of them . It is called - SMART PHONE RESTRICTION. They will add it manually to each phone.
    As it is right now the stupid Iphone 4 is designed to not work unless you have a data plan.
    You can take the simm card and put it in any ATT phone smart or not and it will work but you can not insert other simm cards and expect to make a phone call.

Now on the 3g phone is another story. You can insert any simm card and you can make phone calls only. If you have an iphone data plan you can also take the simm out and use it on any phone + internet.

Thanks

You can also try GoPhone or any AT&T MVNO prepaid option. Data is not forced on you on the prepaid plans. My GF is using hers with Gophone, since she only uses data at home or office where wifi is available.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wagamatgamon View Post
    If you have a smart phone you MAY NOT have to have a data plan IF you have an old contract.
    I have 5 lines. I have no data on any of them . It is called - SMART PHONE RESTRICTION. They will add it manually to each phone.
    That's no longer an option. They will remove the restriction, if there is one, upon swapping between phones. A couple at&t reps on this forum confirmed this. And the exclusion can't be added on to any accounts, and was never an available option for those using an iPhone at any point.
    Quote Originally Posted by indyzzzz View Post
    You can also try GoPhone or any AT&T MVNO prepaid option. Data is not forced on you on the prepaid plans. My GF is using hers with Gophone, since she only uses data at home or office where wifi is available.
    Pretty much the only options if the OP doesn't want data.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave