+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T iPhone 4 slow 3G speeds

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey everyone, I recently picked up an iPhone 4 about a month ago. It is on 4.2.1 and am in the NYC area. I have been noticing very slow 3G
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default AT&T iPhone 4 slow 3G speeds
    Hey everyone,

I recently picked up an iPhone 4 about a month ago. It is on 4.2.1 and am in the NYC area. I have been noticing very slow 3G data speeds when trying to surf the web in the city. Sites will literally take minutes to load if it loads at all. Also constantly getting safari could not load web pages because the server stopped responding. I have tried rebooting the device, resetting network settings, spoke to AT&T and they tell me they see excellent coverage where I am when I call them, putting the phone in and out of airplane mode. Nothing seems to help. Sometimes it will work but for the most part whenever I am in the city, it slows to a crawl.

Has anyone else who lives in the NYC area experience these problems?

Thanks,

All these views and nobody else is experiencing any internet connection issues?

Ok. Forget the NYC area. Anyone with an iPhone 4 running firmware 4.2.1 having 3G data problems with AT&T?
    Last edited by will822; 02-01-2011 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by will822 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I recently picked up an iPhone 4 about a month ago. It is on 4.2.1 and am in the NYC area. I have been noticing very slow 3G data speeds when trying to surf the web in the city. Sites will literally take minutes to load if it loads at all. Also constantly getting safari could not load web pages because the server stopped responding. I have tried rebooting the device, resetting network settings, spoke to AT&T and they tell me they see excellent coverage where I am when I call them, putting the phone in and out of airplane mode. Nothing seems to help. Sometimes it will work but for the most part whenever I am in the city, it slows to a crawl.

Has anyone else who lives in the NYC area experience these problems?

Thanks,

All these views and nobody else is experiencing any internet connection issues?

Ok. Forget the NYC area. Anyone with an iPhone 4 running firmware 4.2.1 having 3G data problems with AT&T?
    All these views and nopbody else is having any 3G data problems at all?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

My 3G speeds are fine.

Perhaps you should try restoring. Minutes to load a page doesn't sound right at all. Maybe it's your SIM card. Take the phone and SIM to AT&T and ask them to either give you a new SIM or fix your phone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    My 3G speeds are fine.

Perhaps you should try restoring. Minutes to load a page doesn't sound right at all. Maybe it's your SIM card. Take the phone and SIM to AT&T and ask them to either give you a new SIM or fix your phone.
    I have tried restoring the phone, had Apple replace it with a brand new phone, AT&T even replaced the SIM card but I am still getting spotty reception. I guess I'll just have to accept that AT&T service is horrendously inconsistent in NYC.

The Verizon iPhone is looking more and more appealing right now.

Thanks

Sorry I was tethering from my iphone 4 in Brooklyn that I didn't see this slow thread /sarcasm but yea Brooklyn speeds look right to me
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Weird...