+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tethering Blocked?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a 3GS on 3.1.2. I haven't upgrade to iOS4 because I want to keep the option of tethering. I used the Tethering Patch 3GS on Cydia. I've used
    iPhone? More like MyPhone MJedi's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Tethering Blocked?
    I have a 3GS on 3.1.2. I haven't upgrade to iOS4 because I want to keep the option of tethering. I used the Tethering Patch 3GS on Cydia. I've used it occasionally with my MacBook Pro.

I just tried tethering again now, and it's not connecting to the Internet, even though I can do it on the 3GS. I get the pulsing blue status on the 3GS, but no Internet connection on the MacBook Pro. Did AT&T fix/patch this hole on their end, now that they officially support tethering?

So, do I have to go with MyWi or PDAnet?

Thanks.

Thanks

This is a guess on my part but does the Macbook Pro have Itunes installed? Tethering requires Itunes to be installed on the computer. FYI once you move your profile over to 4.0 it will seem like tethering got carried over but once you try to use it it will disappear. That being said I really like MyWi!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techierob;
    This is a guess on my part but does the Macbook Pro have Itunes installed? Tethering requires Itunes to be installed on the computer. FYI once you move your profile over to 4.0 it will seem like tethering got carried over but once you try to use it it will disappear. That being said I really like MyWi!
    Yes, iTunes is installed on my MacBook Pro. (FYI, it comes preinstalled on all Macs. ) And it used to work.

That's one vote for MyWi. Thanks.

Thanks

Just for kicks, I reinstalled the Tethering Patch from Cydia, and rebooted my 3GS. And... tethering works again.

Thanks anyway for the views.

Now, does anyone know if the same Tethering Patch works on iOS4? Don't want to upgrade to iOS4 until I know for certain.