+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to add line to individual premier account / iphone data?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Sorry, can someone help me with this. The ATT premier website is a bit confusing to me. I am currently on an individual plan with unlimited data. I also pay
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to add line to individual premier account / iphone data?
    Sorry, can someone help me with this. The ATT premier website is a bit confusing to me. I am currently on an individual plan with unlimited data. I also pay for my grandmothers prepaid phone and am going to buy an iPhone 4.

So I have this idea of adding a line for my grandma and buying the iphone at discount for her line, then using her dummy phone for her line, canceling data on her line and swapping the iphone over to my line with unlimited data. This should work correct? And I would be paying the same price im paying now plus the $10 for a new line correct?

The only hassle would be getting new sims for both the iphone on my line, and a regular sim for her phone.

And to actually add a line to my individual premier account, do I add it as an individual line then call to have it become a family plan? Or do I select family plan and leave all the options for the first line empty?

Am I missing something, or should this work?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If she isn't going to start using an iPhone you will have to pay a cancellation fee on the new iPhone. $325 minus $10 for each full month of your Service Commitment that you complete.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste View Post
    If she isn't going to start using an iPhone you will have to pay a cancellation fee on the new iPhone. $325 minus $10 for each full month of your Service Commitment that you complete.
    Are you sure? but we are keeping the line open, just removing the data plan on her line.

Cant I say something like the iphone broke and I have this beater phone I want to use instead?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

As long as you stay in the contract for the 2 years there is no ETF. That is mainly what they care about. Sometimes if you go into the ATT store the employees will do all the swapping and adding for you. Like add her to your line then switch the iPhone over to your line. They may make you pay for like a month of data but you can cancel after that as long as you stay in the 2 year contract.