+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ipad sim with 3GS APN issues

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So, I have a 3G ipad with an unlimited data plan. I have a 3GS that I'm not using as a phone that I want to use as a hotspot,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default ipad sim with 3GS APN issues
    So, I have a 3G ipad with an unlimited data plan. I have a 3GS that I'm not using as a phone that I want to use as a hotspot, using the ipad's sim. I was able to get this up and running on an original iphone running 3.1.3 with no trouble. However, with iOS 4, it won't let me enter the data settings (because obviously, AT&T settings exist already) and it won't choose the proper one, even though that's in the list as well (there are 5 different settings in the plist)... I tried using unlockit.co.nz with no success.

Has anyone gotten this working under iOS 4? I'd really rather not go back to 3.1.3 if I can help it. (Yes, the 3GS is jailbroken and unlocked)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Only do this if you don't plan to use a typical iPhone plan on this device.
    I have done this. It takes removing all references to the AT&T carrier bundle. I don't have a iPhone plan (and don't intend to), so the preinstalled bundle was of no use to me.

Once you remove the carrier bundle, then the Cellular Data field opens for you to input the settings manually, including the internet tethering settings. This is because the phone is now defaulting to the 'Unknown carrier' bundle when you use your AT&T SIM.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, what's the safest way to get rid of the carrier bundle? I poked around on console, and obviously I could just delete the directory and the symlink, but is there any other way?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuroshiro View Post
    So, what's the safest way to get rid of the carrier bundle? I poked around on console, and obviously I could just delete the directory and the symlink, but is there any other way?
    Either that, using iPhone Explorer or some desktop tool, or using an iOS app like iFile. That's about it.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave