+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Cellular Network Data" and MMS not working on factory fresh iPhone

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi guys. To make a long story short I have a previously jailbroken iphone back to factory settings with no jailbreak and I am using AT&T as my service provider.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default "Cellular Network Data" and MMS not working on factory fresh iPhone
    Hi guys. To make a long story short I have a previously jailbroken iphone back to factory settings with no jailbreak and I am using AT&T as my service provider. I am unable to send MMS messages so I went to go check my APN data settings and notice that section was missing. I am using 3.1.3 firmware. I went ahead and did a backup and then restored again to factory settings without any of my information and it is still missing.

Does anyone have any info on how I get this back WITHOUT jailbreaking? Is it even possibile? Im thinking maybe they got rid of it in which case I guess I would need to call AT&T and see why i cant send MMS. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Anyone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Hi guys. To make a long story short I have a previously jailbroken iphone back to factory settings with no jailbreak and I am using AT&T as my service provider. I am unable to send MMS messages so I went to go check my APN data settings and notice that section was missing. I am using 3.1.3 firmware. I went ahead and did a backup and then restored again to factory settings without any of my information and it is still missing.

Does anyone have any info on how I get this back WITHOUT jailbreaking? Is it even possibile? Im thinking maybe they got rid of it in which case I guess I would need to call AT&T and see why i cant send MMS. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    That section won't show up unless your iPhone is jailbroken.

Since you say it is a freshly restored phone to factory settings, that section again will not be visible and will work with MMS as it is. It's possible that MMS is not activated on your account. Call AT&T.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks a lot! Don't know why I cant find that information anywhere, but it makes sense now! Thanks!