+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Voice Free?????

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
This may be a really stupid question, but when I make or receive a call through Google Voice, is it free?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Google Voice Free?????
    This may be a really stupid question, but when I make or receive a call through Google Voice, is it free?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Depends on the setup.

If you're on a plan that includes A-List, then you can set your GV number as one of the List numbers and make unlimited calls to other through that number (either by calling it, dialing your PIN and press 2 to call others, or using callback on the website). If you set the CID for incoming voice calls to your GV number, you can even have incoming calls using the GV number without additional charge.

Otherwise, not unless the incoming CID is from a AT&T wireless number (if your plan has unlimited Mobile-2-Mobile) or calls are received/made during nights and weekends (if your plan has 'free' N&W).
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 02-10-2010 at 09:58 PM.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GenesisDH View Post
    Depends on the setup.

If you're on a plan that includes A-List, then you can set your GV number as one of the List numbers and make unlimited calls to other through that number (either by calling it, dialing your PIN and press 2 to call others, or using callback on the website). If you set the CID for incoming voice calls to your GV number, you can even have incoming calls using the GV number without additional charge.

Otherwise, not unless the incoming CID is from a AT&T wireless number (if your plan has unlimited Mobile-2-Mobile) or calls are received/made during nights and weekends (if your plan has 'free' N&W).
    Silly question, what if we use the GV Mobile + app? I use it all the time, but I do have my GV number set-up as an A-List number.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

GV Mobile + is just a more-native frontend for the GV website. Using it won't change your setup, unless you choose to.

GVM+ defaults to 'ringback' mode for calls, but can also do 'offline dialing,' which is the same as calling the GV number from your phone and using the prompts.