+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cheaper Family plan?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I am looking to lower my current plan. I have the 1400 minute family plan, 1 iphone, 1 phone on another line. It runs me about $150 a month. I
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Cheaper Family plan?
    I am looking to lower my current plan. I have the 1400 minute family plan, 1 iphone, 1 phone on another line. It runs me about $150 a month. I do not use data on my iPhone. I don't think there is a way to cut that out from my service,correct?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Then why have an Iphone? The iPhone is more meant for the data than just phone use. It is basically a PDA with a phone feature. It is the reason AT&T only sells it with a data plan.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

For one I do not use $30 of data a month. No where close to what could justify them charging that much. Why have an iPhone? That question answers itself so why even ask it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The point is " not being a jerk" but, they only sell it with a data plan. The only way to really lower it is to lower your minutes. I use mine 60% Internet and 8% misc the rest phone and text. So yes, I asked why get it if you don't use it for it's data functions. Other than it's really a cool phone.