+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No MMS on my Brand New iPhone

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Yesterday, I got a brand new iPhone 3gs from the ATT store. I was able to find one of the week 38 models. It is running FW version 3.1 and
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default No MMS on my Brand New iPhone
    Yesterday, I got a brand new iPhone 3gs from the ATT store. I was able to find one of the week 38 models. It is running FW version 3.1 and has no MMS support.

I connected to iTunes and told it to get the latest carrier bundles and still nothing. I've already rebooted and all that.

The phone is jailbroken with blackra1n.

I've already tried the hack methods to replace teh ATT_US.ipcc file but iTunes wouldn't allow it.

Can someone please help me??

Thanks.

Thanks

Could be a few things, first iTunes began releasing 3.1.3 yesterday. If you purchased yours with 3.1 and upgraded it today, you are now running 3.13 and may be stuck.

I did not see the details and or steps you took, but you may have a locked to 3.13 phone.

Unless of course you used cydia on 3.1.2 and saved your sig files.

Give me some more detail and ill see if I cant help you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanmods View Post
    Could be a few things, first iTunes began releasing 3.1.3 yesterday. If you purchased yours with 3.1 and upgraded it today, you are now running 3.13 and may be stuck.

I did not see the details and or steps you took, but you may have a locked to 3.13 phone.

Unless of course you used cydia on 3.1.2 and saved your sig files.

Give me some more detail and ill see if I cant help you.
    I actually am still on 3.1. I didn't save my shsh blob yet (though i've made the request) since the phone is only one day old.

i did, however, get MMS working tonight by replacing the ipcc file. what baffles me is how the carrier updates i ran last night didn't take care of this issue.

whatever. i'm happy i have it now. if you have any clue as to why the carrier updates didn't take care of the issue, i'm all ears.

Thanks

Hmm, I am still trying to figure out how to get the MMS working on my 3g Iphone, on a gophone service... 3.1.2

Thanks

Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone

this is the thread i followed to get it working. give it a go and let me know how it goes.