+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2g with At&t Prepaid Gophone

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'm pretty sure this was asked and talked about plenty of times and I checked through the forums but I had a few questions. I am about to buy a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation iPhone 2g with At&t Prepaid Gophone
    I'm pretty sure this was asked and talked about plenty of times and I checked through the forums but I had a few questions.

I am about to buy a used iPhone 2G from ebay and I plan on using it with At&t Prepaid service. I don't have an At&t prepaid account yet.

My questions is, what steps do I need to make in order to get the iPhone 2G to work with At&t prepaid service?

Please, if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it! I really don't want to mess this up!

Thanks

Just jailbreak and hacktivate and you are good. Use blackra1n and it will do both. No brainer... push the button on the screen when the phone is plugged in to the PC or MAC.. enjoy..

Thanks

on the 2g you have to do the carrier modification with something other than blackra1n.

Blackra1n will jailbreak it, but not unlock the carrier on the 2g.

Green Apple
    Thanks

After you Jailbreak the 2G, you will then have to unlock it using BootNeuter in Cydia. Yes, on the 2G, you still have to unlock it to use it on AT&T prepaid. The 3G and 3GS phones are the only ones that don't need to be unlocked to use a prepaid sim.

Once that is done, you need to Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone on your iPhone and install the carrier file to your phone if you wish to use data to access the internet.