View Poll Results: Would you leave AT&T if Verizon received the iPhone and had the same price points?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would leave AT&T for Verizon in a heartbeat.

31 31.00%
  • I'm fine with AT&T

54 54.00%
  • I would leave for Verizon as soon as my contract is up

15 15.00%
+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How many would switch if Verizon received the iPhone?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've been using AT&T for a couple years now. I had Verizon and US Cellular before, and I hated them both. AT&T has been great. I travel all over the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been using AT&T for a couple years now. I had Verizon and US Cellular before, and I hated them both. AT&T has been great. I travel all over the country and never have problems that arent universal across all carriers.

Also, we have multiple phones including my iPhone 3G. The only one that has service issues is the iPhone. The wife's current Backflip and her old Palm Centro had zero problems, nor does my Ericsson backup. Apple needs to improve their firmware in regards to network management and connectivity.

That said, you couldn't pry the iPhone from my hand if you tried.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I will mostly move from ATT to Verizon because I dont get connection in the elevator with ATT service or a building to the 19fl. I will mostly join Verizon since i have more discounts from them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoqts View Post
    I will mostly move from ATT to Verizon because I dont get connection in the elevator with ATT service or a building to the 19fl. I will mostly join Verizon since i have more discounts from them.
    Does a verizon phone get service in the elevator? Honest question; not mocking.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i hate att
    if it wasn't for the iphone 4
    my family would have switched

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjordan View Post
    Apparently AT&T is feeling the heat from Verizons $120 unlimited voice, data, & text plan so they had to match their price to prevent anymore people from switching...
    120 bucks? Are you kdding me? You can get almost half that pice with T-Mobile, good God people will pay anything these days without doing their research! Also, Verizon is the most expensive carrier in the US...trust me you would pay more monthly with them then with AT&T. The only thing Verizon has going for them is you have cell service in the underground metro stations in DC...whoopdy f'n dooo!

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    120 bucks? Are you kdding me? You can get almost half that pice with T-Mobile, good God people will pay anything these days without doing their research! Also, Verizon is the most expensive carrier in the US...trust me you would pay more monthly with them then with AT&T. The only thing Verizon has going for them is you have cell service in the underground metro stations in DC...whoopdy f'n dooo!
    Hey, those wait times and rides can be long and tedious, depending on what station you're coming from. It'd be great if we could use our phones on the trains and underground stations. I hear that's in the works, don't know if it's just a rumor though.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    My AT&T service is getting worse in the area I live in, plus I added a line to my account in February, and they never bothered to tell me that my 3GS that I've had since day one can not be upgraded till February now... Thanks for all the fine print, I was only informed that my rollover minutes that I've saved up would decrease... I know all the companies mess with you in this way, but when it happens I prefer to give my money to someone that hasn't yet...

iPhone? More like MyPhone the sr5's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate Verizon, i was with them for 3 years before going to AT&T it was endless billing issues, i was on they're auto bill pay program, the payment would come out and my service would go off....... they NEVER fixed the issue it was always a phone call and 45min on hold for them to turn my service back on, it was horrible...

Quote Originally Posted by C1KK View Post
    My AT&T service is getting worse in the area I live in, plus I added a line to my account in February, and they never bothered to tell me that my 3GS that I've had since day one can not be upgraded till February now... Thanks for all the fine print, I was only informed that my rollover minutes that I've saved up would decrease... I know all the companies mess with you in this way, but when it happens I prefer to give my money to someone that hasn't yet...
    Hate to say it but it wasn't really FINE print, you signed a two year contract to get subsidized pricing (99$) im guessing. That goes for ANY wireless company.
    Last edited by the sr5; 07-05-2010 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It Is What It Is...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If Verizon ever gets the iphone, it may prove to be for Verizon the double edged sword it has been for AT&T. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I was a Verizon Customer for 10 years, before it was called Verizon in my area. I switched to AT&T 2.5 years ago from a Verizon Blackberry to an At&t blackberry. The service was very comparable, in fact I dropped Verizon because I kept dropping call in my office, so I tried an At&t blackberry for 30 days and I had perfect service, so I made the switch.

Last year I switched from my AT&T blackberry to an Iphone 3gs, and all of a sudden my service went to hell, so it has to be the phone, and I know this to be true because I swap the sim card out of my iphone in my office and I have perfect service in it, but in my iphone I drop calls all the time. I deal with it because I like the iphone so much.

It's the phone not the service provider!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123