View Poll Results: Would you leave AT&T if Verizon received the iPhone and had the same price points?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would leave AT&T for Verizon in a heartbeat.

31 31.00%
  • I'm fine with AT&T

54 54.00%
  • I would leave for Verizon as soon as my contract is up

15 15.00%
+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How many would switch if Verizon received the iPhone?

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
If verizon had real 3G then I would consider it if the plan pricing beat AT&T.
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

If verizon had real 3G then I would consider it if the plan pricing beat AT&T.

iPhone? More like MyPhone yoTelefonoCuatro's Avatar
    Thanks

as pcworld showed us.... at&t beats verizon in service.
    yoTelefonoTresG, now introducing...
    the new..
    yoTelefonoCuatro.

say "Amen Brotha!" or "thanks a bunch!", click that "Thanks!" button!

Thanks

In reality I wouldn't use either cause my local is way cheaper. But for where I live definitely better off with verizone because they have great 3g coverage and AT&T has none at all.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Both verizon and at&t are very good where I live. So if I had to pick one, I'd go with the one that would offer a better/cheaper plan.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

It would depend on how good the new iPhone is for me

Thanks

^ making sense - fail

Thanks

I just signed a 25 year deal with at&t, so I don't want to pay the $3000 ETF just yet.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I just signed a 25 year deal with at&t, so I don't want to pay the $3000 ETF just yet.
    I'm gonna guess your on a corporate contract. Because the biggest contract ive gotten into is 8 years from t mobile and I dont know how that happened either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Ok, maybe it wasn't 25 years, but it feels like it....
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I know seriously contracts feel like forever.... but im sure ill stick with att.... its been the best carrier ive had that hasnt put me into an 8 year contract (ehmm... tmobile) and att has good coverage in my area too.... ya im serious i can feel people gasping
    Last edited by iphone?3gs; 03-27-2010 at 12:54 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    I wouldn't switch. I get too much of a discount with ATT to switch. I'm also scared of what kind of GUI the phone may have with Verizon.
    Same here, I have had an account with them for 10years now. Never a late payment.

Plus they have rollover minutes!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I don't use or support CDMA networks but I do hope it comes out to another network (T-Mobile or even Tracfone, the only other GSM networks in the USA), that will end AT&T's illegal monopoly and force them to COMPETE, so maybe they'll stop being greedy and start offering what the people really want!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

ATT has a monolpoly? They rank third in the US cell market I thought, maybe second. The other companies have phones that don't ever come to ATT. Also ATT does not really stop you from coming in and buying an iPhone out right. Same goes for any of their product line.

Man I hate that Honda will not let Ford sell their cars brand new.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    ATT has a monolpoly? They rank third in the US cell market I thought, maybe second. The other companies have phones that don't ever come to ATT. Also ATT does not really stop you from coming in and buying an iPhone out right. Same goes for any of their product line.

Man I hate that Honda will not let Ford sell their cars brand new.
    Yes they do, thanks to their monopoly. Just like back in the 80s when they dominated the long distance business thanks to their monopoly. A monopoly will allow anyone to succeed, they're forcing people to use a phone on their network and blocking out competition. If I buy an iPhone from AT&T (as in I pay $599 for one, no contract) I cant use it on a competitors network without a hack. That is a monopoly. It's my device, they cant force me to use it on their network. I own it. But if it weren't for hackers I would be forced.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FelisCatusLover View Post
    Yes they do, thanks to their monopoly. Just like back in the 80s when they dominated the long distance business thanks to their monopoly. A monopoly will allow anyone to succeed, they're forcing people to use a phone on their network and blocking out competition. If I buy an iPhone from AT&T (as in I pay $599 for one, no contract) I cant use it on a competitors network without a hack. That is a monopoly. It's my device, they cant force me to use it on their network. I own it. But if it weren't for hackers I would be forced.
    Thats pretty far from a monopoly, you may wanna look that word up bro....they would have a monopoly if they were THE ONLY cell carrier in the US, that would be a monopoly.

Otherwise, its like saying since Verizon is the only carrier which offers the Motorola Droid...they have a monopoly

Same difference exactly.

PS- The main definition of a monopoly is when someone is FORCED to use whomever, because they are the only choice. You arent forced to use an iphone, you choose to use an iphone and its by far not the only option.
    Last edited by cpjr; 04-14-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

That is an exclusive contract. It can end at anytime possibly but it is a exclusive contract at the moment with ATT and Apple. You can still buy an unlocked iPhone it will just have to be imported. I thought the FCC and another looked into it and found that it is not within the monopoly violations.

What's Jailbreak? RudeBoyBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

Verizon's customer service is horrible. I'll stick with AT&T.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am not sure I could talk myself into changing. I put together a plan on Verizon's site that was almost the same as the one I have now. Before the monthly taxes and fees are added in, it was already $18 more per month. I just don't see the reason. I do not have many issues with AT&T to justify paying more than $25-30 more per month

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Why leave AT&T
    I have been with AT&T for almost 6 years and even though they piss me off to the extreme sometimes I would not leave AT&T for another carrier. The way I see it AT&T has the best selection of phones at good prices. I find it amusing when I see a Verizon commercial for the brand new hot phone they have like the Blackberry storm and then the following week they have the same phone buy one get one free. Now to me that doesnt say anything great about there sales. Again, like any new electronic (even thought the iphone isnt new) they have there issues. I wouldnt want to be on verizons side using there 1st iphone without knowing and seeing how the network and the phone are going to work with one another. Bottom line, Ive been with AT&T then Cingular now AT&T and I really dont care how many name changes they go through as long as my phone is the **** and the network does what I need it to do Im fine with that!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'd be curious to see the iphone on another carrier. To be honest though, a lot of carriers would have issues with the network traffic due to iphones....not to say that they shouldn't be prepared.