+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS Internet Tethering after Carrier Update

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Got my internet tethering working installed mywii then turned on USB blutooth on the mywi UI then quit and went to network settings and my internet tethering works now on
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Got my internet tethering working installed mywii then turned on USB blutooth on the mywi UI then quit and went to network settings and my internet tethering works now on 3.1.2 JB with blackra1n

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoabean772 View Post
    Got my internet tethering working installed mywii then turned on USB blutooth on the mywi UI then quit and went to network settings and my internet tethering works now on 3.1.2 JB with blackra1n
    Someone needs to find out whats in that app unlocks the stock tethering option and release it seperately.

iPhone? More like MyPhone grmiller's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone that wants help with Tethering on all iphones even the 2G iphone you can now. It works 100% with 3.1 and 3.1.2 firmare. Goto Rockthephone.com and get MyWi. Okay after you buy and install it works 100%. You can even not use the MyWi program and than go into the Settings/General/Networks and there the Tethering turn on/off is. I have used it now on my Iphone 3GS 32GB 3.1.2 100%. It is the best for anyone that wants to know. Also it is cool because you with MyWi you can do usb or bluetooth or even what PDANET does. Make a WIFI from you iphone just turn it on and than goto your laptop or what ever and turn on wifi, even make your own wep code and use the 3G from iphone over WIFI. I bet you guys with like that and that works 100% also. Try it out guys. You can even get a 10 day demo of it. But it is worth it.
    IPHONE 3G "DEV" (LETS HACK THIS IPHONE!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blazie151 View Post
    Someone needs to find out whats in that app unlocks the stock tethering option and release it seperately.
    I absolutely agree. It's obvious the MyWi developer is adding a lot of window dressing to having primarily unlocked the stock tethering option built into the iPhone. And they're charging ten bucks for this....I would support the cracking of this app. I know...blasphemy

Thanks

Lol I deleted mywi and I still have it working

Thanks

Lol I deleted mywi and I still have it working
    Can you expand on this? You uninstalled MyWi and still have the stock tethering option? Have you tested to see if the stock tethering actually still works without MyWi?

Let us know, although I am of course going to test this right now...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twitchthecat View Post
    Can you expand on this? You uninstalled MyWi and still have the stock tethering option? Have you tested to see if the stock tethering actually still works without MyWi?

Let us know, although I am of course going to test this right now...
    Yes it still works fine after the uninstall of Mywi i am using it right now to type this message on Modmyi

Thanks

Yes it still works fine after the uninstall of Mywi i am using it right now to type this message on Modmyi
    Not for me...I may have to bite the bullet on this one...

iPhone? More like MyPhone OneRing2Rule's Avatar
    Thanks

I absolutely agree. It's obvious the MyWi developer is adding a lot of window dressing to having primarily unlocked the stock tethering option built into the iPhone. And they're charging ten bucks for this....I would support the cracking of this app. I know...blasphemy
    Well, I don't know about cracking it, but it is what I needed. I paid the $10 GLADLY. And sure enough, my stock internet tethering is up and running, too. I don't plan to uninstall MyWi, I paid for it, duh, but that is my experience.

My only problem is that I cannot send MMS. I just got my first one today, from a friend's phone. But I can't get one from my wife's iphone. I'll start another thread for that one...

OneRing2Rule
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OneRing2Rule View Post
    Well, I don't know about cracking it, but it is what I needed. I paid the $10 GLADLY. And sure enough, my stock internet tethering is up and running, too. I don't plan to uninstall MyWi, I paid for it, duh, but that is my experience.

My only problem is that I cannot send MMS. I just got my first one today, from a friend's phone. But I can't get one from my wife's iphone. I'll start another thread for that one...

OneRing2Rule
    app (mywi) has been cracked allready =D

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    app (mywi) has been cracked allready =D
    The old version has been cracked. The new version is what's needed for 3.1.2. If anyone has any news on this, please update this thread.

Thanks

I did it. I bought this app. I hate paying for apps and most free ones do the trick. But, the MyWi app works as does my other Rock favorite Intelliscreen. Other hacks seem to enable tethering but will break either mms or vvmail. MyWi works with all of them. My $0.02.

iPhone? More like MyPhone OneRing2Rule's Avatar
    Thanks

The old version has been cracked. The new version is what's needed for 3.1.2. If anyone has any news on this, please update this thread.
    Here's your news. We don't "do" cracked apps here. Pay the $10, the dev did something that you couldn't do.

Sheesh.

OneRing2Rule
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRing2Rule View Post
    Here's your news. We don't "do" cracked apps here. Pay the $10, the dev did something that you couldn't do.

Sheesh.

OneRing2Rule
    ^^^^^
    Don't ya hate it when ignorant people don't read every thread and assume that they're righteously flaming innocent people? I didn't ask for the app to be cracked...

I'm also not the only one that thinks this...

So OneRing2Rule, Don't be a douche just cause you can't read/follow a conversation.

Now...
    For anyone wanting a solution, aparently someone released a tweak to enable the stock tethering option (genius, right?)

There are now 3G and 3GS tethering enabling tweaks in cydia available from the sinfuliphonerepo(dot)com source. If I'm not allowed to reference another repo, please remove that. Just trying to help.

Thanks

Downloading the hack from the sinful repo left my phone stuck at the apple boot logo. I had to restore the phone and I went with MyWi (purchased).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Downloading the hack from the sinful repo left my phone stuck at the apple boot logo. I had to restore the phone and I went with MyWi (purchased).
    Same thing happened to my buddy's phone. In order for it to work, you have to remove all previous tethering hacks. The profile from benm and the hacked carrier setting file were in my friend's phone and it stuck at the apple boot logo. After the restore, he downloaded it again, and its worked great since.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Tethering on 3.1.2 Works!!!!!!
    Just go here

iPhone 3.1.2 Tethering Tutorial from your iphone after blackrain on 3.1.2 fw
    If I've Helped, Don't forget to "Thank Me"

Green Apple
    Thanks
    my 3gs internet tethering works on 3.12 without installing any carrier files. but i do have mywi installed.

on my wife's 3g with 3.12 no mywi installed, there is no tethering option.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12