+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Future 3G

is a discussion within the

AT&T

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi I'm new to this site and to owning an iphone or even Apple. My question is I recently swapped from sprint where everthing was 3g to att where 3/4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Future 3G
    Hi I'm new to this site and to owning an iphone or even Apple. My question is I recently swapped from sprint where everthing was 3g to att where 3/4 of the time I'm on edge network, dose anyone know if att is planning on upgrading to 3g everywhere or are they going to let us in rural areas suffer with edge if they are not I am going back to sprint because edge is a joke one of the big reasons I swapped to att is because I could get my sat radio on my phone but using it on the edge network dosen't work very well it spends more time buffering than playing. Thanks for any help you could provide.

Livin the iPhone Life NeoNightmareX's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure about spreading to rural areas but they definitely are planning, if not already, on upgrading the 3G network that they are on.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

They are slowly expanding or upgrading areas. The bigger focus is more towards big customer areas. I travel to Okla several times a year, not big cities but the middle of no where. Last year I got no 3g service at all in the town my family lives in but now the 3g actually reaches them .

Also Welcome to MMi.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Where are we talking? Specifically.

Don't hold your breath, AT&T's network is just a hot mess as far as 3G is concerned.

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm in the north central Florida area around Ocala.

I just don't see how sprint and verizon can be so great with thier data networks and att be so bad. Att phone service is great but this data thing and iphone is the primary reason i went with them.
    Last edited by jiffylube84; 08-04-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

They rolled out 3G there recently.. I'm doubting they'll be putting up more towers anytime in the near future.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - 3G in Ocala, FL on the horizon?

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffylube84 View Post
    Hi I'm new to this site and to owning an iphone or even Apple. My question is I recently swapped from sprint where everthing was 3g to att where 3/4 of the time I'm on edge network, dose anyone know if att is planning on upgrading to 3g everywhere or are they going to let us in rural areas suffer with edge if they are not I am going back to sprint because edge is a joke one of the big reasons I swapped to att is because I could get my sat radio on my phone but using it on the edge network dosen't work very well it spends more time buffering than playing. Thanks for any help you could provide.
    Holy run-on sentence Batman.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jiffylube84 View Post
    I'm in the north central Florida area around Ocala.

I just don't see how sprint and verizon can be so great with thier data networks and att be so bad. Att phone service is great but this data thing and iphone is the primary reason i went with them.
    it almost a Dead Zone! like mostly all central and way out to the north west! 3G in FL is a Joke! they have good and strong reception on major cities of FL,